Mysterious Bank account

Options

I run Quicken for Windows Desktop for many years. When I started the program today, it showed a new bank account labeled ACCT_12fod with one trasaction. The amount was just a bunch of astericks (*************) and it made my Account List total some ridiculous amount like 82113215446154. I had not done anything yet and it wasn't like that the last time I used Quicken. I can't delete the account at all. A restore of the last backup even created the exact same new banka ccount. However, there is no ridiculous number and the single transaction in the bogus account is a zero acount. The backup verison does allow me to hide the account at least.

Tagged:

Comments

• tecwdw
    tecwdw Member
    Options

Update: After performing a bakup, now the mysterious account has a single transaction in the amount of $20.47 payment, payee listed as N/A, memo listed as N/A. The balance of the account's regsiter is now all astericks again but my Account List isn't the odd 82113215446154 number. Frustrating!

• tecwdw
    tecwdw Member
    Options

Update2: I deleted the $20.47 transaction which seemed to work fine but now I can't unhide or delete the mysterious account.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @tecwdw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Was there anything that happened just before this mystery account appeared, such as a power outage, power surge, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or on a shared network drive? Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud services such as One Drive or Dropbox (you will usually see the service name in the file location if the file is synced with it)? The simplest way to check the file location, if you are in Quicken and have that file open, is click on File and near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit, it will show the file locations for the 4 most recent Quicken files you have accessed. The file you are currently in will be in the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.