(Mac) Transactions for last 7 days not downloading on any of my accounts.

Options
tsf
tsf Member ✭✭
I received a message about a week ago that my connections weren't working and I went through the "Reconnect" process. I have several accounts with the same bank.
The connection problem seems to be resolved, as I do not get errors any more, but my transactions are not downloading for any of the accounts. This started on the 10th, today is the 17th, there are no transactions shown for any of the accounts during the last seven days.

'Update' isn't doing anything. Is there a way to force it to download transactions since the 10th?

The institution is GTE Federal Credit Union.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @tsf,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    10. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    11. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    12. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• tsf
    tsf Member ✭✭
    Options
    ps: As a test, I also went into the settings for one account and selected the 'download transactions since' and put in the date that the transactions stopped. It still didn't download anything.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @tsf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with GTE Federal Credit Union? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Is this only occurring with one financial institution? What was the error message that you were receiving before?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• tsf
    tsf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for responding! I'm sorry that I did not provide details.

The connection type is "Quicken connect." This has been in place for about 3 years.
    I'm using a Mac running iOS 13.2.1 and my Quicken is 7.0.1
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @tsf,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    10. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    11. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    12. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• tsf
    tsf Member ✭✭
    Options
    This did resolve the connection problem and the account transactions downloaded. This was fine for the savings and checking accounts.

However, the downloads for the credit card downloaded twice - once as a charge and once as a payment. Each transaction has both a debit and a credit entry for the transactions during the last 8 days. Because there are not many transactions, I can manually remove the incorrect ones, but it's a very odd problem. I hope that new transactions don't do this.

There are two credit card accounts. one has the problem where there is both a debit and credit for each transaction. The other credit card had only one transaction, but that downloaded as a credit to the account instead of as a purchase.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @tsf,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, you will have to manually fix the transactions that have already been downloaded.

Please let me know if this issue continues to occur with future downloads so I may further assist you.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.