online center holding comparison greyed out

Options
leonard kearney
leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

but only for some accounts. why? both accounts with Schwab - one works.other greyed out

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @leonard kearney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are the greyed out accounts connected to the financial institution through Quicken? To check connection method, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, then go to the Online Services tab. It will list the financial institution and the connection method there.

If the accounts are connected, which connection method is being used (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Express Web Connect +, or Web Connect)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leonard kearney
    Options
    found multiple issues - one account had wrong connection method. one had transactions locked u in onlne center
    another- i have no idea, but my mucing around ppears to have fixed it.

did add another issue where i reported what appears to me to be a bug, schwab cancelled a buy and quicken shows it as another buy

dont know why transaction keep getting hung up in online center.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad that correcting the connections corrected the original issue you posted about. Could you clarify what you mean by "transaction keep getting hung up in online center"?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• leonard kearney
    Options
    the transactions i cleared had dates back into March and February. I download frequently but only try to reconcile on a semi annual basis. every time i go to reconcile i find transactions in online center that did not post. they are valid transactions- don't know why they didnt post - flags are set to auto post. just a re-occurring issue.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

When these transactions get stuck in the Online Center, does Quicken act like you have transactions that need to be accepted (such as a blue dot or red flag by the account that will not go away)? What troubleshooting have you already done to try to resolve this issue? Have you followed the steps in this FAQ?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.