Ally Invest

Options

Has anyone been able To connect Ally Invest with quicken via express web connect ?

It will connect, but not download any data.

I purchased quicken for this purpose so would be disappointed if this integration doesn't work.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Ambilobe,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Most financial institutions limit the investment data you can access via Express Web Connect (eg you can see balances, but not transactions). If the financial institution offers Direct Connect, you may want to try connecting your investment account via that method. To check if they offer that connection method, go to Tools>Add Account, search for your financial institution, then click Advanced Options. If they offer Direct Connect, it will be listed there.

If they do not offer Direct Connect, you may need to reach out to the financial institution's tech support to find out what they support for downloading investment data into Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ambilobe
    Ambilobe Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply.

In Advanced setting, there are two options, Express Web Connect and Web connect (upload)

I assume Direct Connect is a different protocol that I should ask them for?

If i download a new Quicken file after I make trades, will it just integrade the old information, or Do i have to delete everything in Quicken every time to make sure it is updated and not duplicated? Thanks again.

• Ambilobe
    Ambilobe Member
    Options

They use Apex Clearing to hold custody of securties, Would there be a way to connect directly there?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm not seeing Apex Clearing listed in the add account screen.

When you refer to downloading a Quicken file, are you referring to downloading a .qfx file from the financial institution (aka Web Connect)? If you have downloaded directly from the financial institution and then download a .qfx file that overlaps that timeframe, there is a slight chance of duplicate transactions. Its usually a good idea to make a backup of your Quicken file before importing. If you just import .qfx files, then Quicken will generally recognize what has already been imported and not duplicate it.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.