Can no longer view attachments as PDFs

Options
Leah
Leah Member ✭✭

I'm on Windows 10 and just updated Quicken to R49.22, Build 27.1.49.22. I can no longer view my attachments as PDFs directly from the transaction. I can see the attachment, but the print is tiny. I've clicked on the "eye," but nothing happens. I've clicked on the 3 dots in the upper right corner. Nothing happens when I click "View / Open." I can export the attachment to my desktop as a PDF and open it from there, but having to export it and then open another app seems a bit cumbersome and unnecessary.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Leah,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did this issue start as soon as you updated your Quicken program? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)?  The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Leah
    Leah Member ✭✭
    Options
    Correct. It started when I did the update mentioned. Backups are on my C drive. I stopped saving to DropBox a few months ago. The only cloud synch is with my online Quicken access. The paperclip showing attachments is also not showing now unless I click on the top paperclip to sort by attachments.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Leah
    Leah Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did the Validate process. When I click on the attachment, it looks the same (small with the "eye" in the center of the document), but when I click on the 3 vertical dot menu, it gives me the option to view or open. When an update is done and the appearance or functionality is changed, it would be nice if there was something in the update notes to that effect. I generally read them, but didn't see anything indicating a change in attachments. Thank you.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is the view attachment function working properly now that you've run the validate? Clicking on that eye icon in the center should expand the view for you.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.