TD Bank downloaded transactions have a ' in the payee field

Options

When I update update my accounts for TD Bank all of the transactions upload into Quicken with the date the amount but has a ' in the payee field. I tried calling TD Bank but they were no help. anyone know of a fix for this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @marcisco,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What you are describing sounds like an issue with a renaming rule. To test that, right click on one of the affected transactions. You should see a menu come up; near the bottom of the menu, you will see Revert to (name of payee as it came in from the financial institution).

If you're seeing that, you can select the Revert to option to change it back to the correct payee. To prevent the issue from happening in the future, you will need to delete or edit the overly general rule that is changing your downloaded transactions. Go to Tools>Renaming Rules. Find the rule that is causing the issue (it will likely show just as ') and delete it by clicking the red - sign next to it. Alternatively, if it is a rule that is valid, but just overly general, you can click the pencil icon to edit it instead.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• marcisco
    marcisco Member
    Options

Thank you that was the issue

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.