Using Quicken Windows

Options

I have my credit cards set up. The transactions are downloaded and categorized as I update accounts. It is all working well. I also pay the credit card bill using online billpay through the bank, and using a transfer account. Example: [DiscoverXXXX]. This works well and balcnces correctly.

The issue is none of the categorized expenses for any credit card show up in the monthly report. An example is You Tube TV is paid on the Discover. However, in monthly expenses You Tube doesn't show up in the entertainment category, although it is categorized within the discover credit card upon download. The transfer account does not allow a split, as best as I can determine. So what are the correct steps to have the monthly categorized expenses from a credit card show up within the categories? There are endless tutorials on how to pay credit cards, mostly recommending the use of a transfer account. But, amazingly none discuss what happens with the individual line items within a transfer account thereafter for accuarte expense tracking.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What are you looking at: a budget view, a budget report, some other report?
    Is that view or report customized to include all accounts and categories?
    More details, please.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like you are entering everything right. You do not need to split out the payment transfer from the bank to the credit card. Maybe you need to customize a report to include the credit card accounts.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.