Transaction Update Credentials will not change in Quicken when revising

Options
JPS-YUL
JPS-YUL Member

I recently was issued a new bank card and modified the online password. When I try to revise to the new credentiials everything seems to work except after completing the revision - the next time I click on the Update Transactions it still has the old bank card number and I assume the former password.

I make the change in a dialouge box i get to by clicking on the Update Transaction link and then the key beside the institution and a link is provided to "Update the sign in information". (See below) Then another dialouge box opens and I add the new credentials, update, etc. all states that the change was made and accepted at the back. But the Quciken link retains the former credentials!

Edit Acoount Details only seems to allow the online services to be deactivated!

Can anyone help?? Thank you

JPS-YUL

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @JPS-YUL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If it isn't accepting the change to your credentials using that link, you will need to use the alternate method:

First, backup your Quicken file. Then follow these steps (taken from the article on CC-503 errors) Note: If you have tried to update multiple time without success, its a good idea to log in to the financial institution website to verify that you are using the correct password and to make sure the account isn't locked:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.

When you reconnect the account, make certain you are choosing the correct option on the Add/Link screen (sample image below).

If you're wanting to link it to the existing account, choose Link to existing and make sure it is seeing the correct Nickname in Quicken. If you need to update the Nickname in Quicken to reflect the updated card information, you can do that going to Tools>Account list, click the Edit button next to the account name you need to update, and on the General tab, in the textbox next to the words Account name, you can edit the account's name, then click the OK button to save your changes.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.