Unable to connect Chase account, browser goes to a blank page

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chase Accounts Not working.

Comments

• jpedi
    jpedi Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not fixed for me. Quicken for the last few weeks says Chase has a form to fill out to authorize 3rd party access to my credit card account and has a link that takes me to a blank page at Chase after logging in. Asking Chase they say there is no such form to authorize Quicken. Since I'm not able to get activity to download in Quicken any longer I quit using the card. I'm sure Chase appreciates the loss of business while Quicken gets it figured out.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jpedi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. It sounds like the issue you are running into is a separate issue. From what you are describing, you are clicking the Sign In button, the web page comes up, you log in, and then it goes to a blank page?

If that is what is happening, which browser do you use? Have you tried temporarily setting a different browser as the default browser? Do you use a VPN or antivirus program? If so, which one(s)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• marchandster
    marchandster Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same (or similar issue). When I click on the 'Sign In' button as shown above, a blank window (with a Chase Bank ID) opens and just sits there. This seem similar to a previous issue with JP Morgan (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893600/jp-morgan-investments-wont-download-error-ol-220-a) in 2021. That issue came down to a lack of commication between Quicken and JP Morgan. As a non-technical user, resolving this should not be my problem to solve.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @marchandster,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. That previous issue was for a Direct Connect problem. Chase no longer supports Direct Connect. When you add or reconnect a Chase account, it redirects you to Chase's site to authorize, then back to Quicken to add/link the account.

When you are getting a blank window after clicking Sign In, that can be caused by an incompatible setting in your web browser, a web browser that does not support what Chase's website needs to do for the authorization, a pop up blocker, a security setting on your computer, or an anti-virus interfering (for example, some anti-virus software packages will have a safe banking feature, which moves all banking related sessions to their own custom browser).

Which web browser are you using? Have you tried temporarily changing to a different default browser? Have you made sure any popup blockers are off and if your anti-virus includes safe banking, temporarily turning that off?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• marchandster
    marchandster Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your response. I disabled Ghostery in my Chrome browser and that solved the problem with a blank screen. I'm try to remember this in the future.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear turning off Ghostery corrected the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.