R49.22 broke paycheck

MarcC
MarcC Member ✭✭
Since installing R49.22, Quicken randomly deletes all splits from paycheck and a twice monthly payment only shows up once a month.

Is anyone else having this issue or similar issues following latest update?

I've verified file integrity and deleted/refined paycheck multiple times. When adding is shows up properly for a while, the Quicken "updates" it for me.

For software that has been around as long as Quicken, they provide some of the buggiest releases I have even encountered.
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @MarcC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Could you clarify what you mean by "verified file integrity"? Also, do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)?  The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MarcC
    MarcC Member ✭✭
    My Quicken files are stored on my C drive. What I meant when I said "verified file integrity" is that I ran "Validate and Repair File" and corrected any found issues until the validate ran cleanly. Even with clean file, paycheck detail information created using the Paycheck Wizard "disappears" and the semi-monthly paycheck information is listed only once in the Bills & Income list.
  • Thank you for your reply,

Since you already ran a validate and that did not correct the issue, I would recommend restoring a backup from before the issue started (if possible) and see if the issue is resolved in that restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• MarcC
    MarcC Member ✭✭
    Have done this several times to verify proper function, then when I update a paycheck, the original issue I noted begins again. This started with the R49.22 update so believe it is unrelated to the file but rather the updated code.

Since the issue isn't corrected by restoring a backup, the next step would be reinstalling the update.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• MarcC
    MarcC Member ✭✭
    Re-installed update yesterday (4/26) and redefined paycheck. Seemed stable until this morning when I launched Quicken and I found the problem described has returned. I believe this is a problem with the Roth 401(k) update included with R49.22. I think this because when Quicken drops the paycheck splits for Pre-Tax, Post-Tax, Taxes, etc., all that remains is the net paycheck amount and a split the Roth 401(k).

Will you please send me information/link for re-installing prior version.

Thank you.
  • MarcC
    MarcC Member ✭✭
    One other item regarding Paycheck wizard I have noticed in these efforts. When selecting Flex Spending as a Pre-Tax deduction, the paycheck wizard does not allow you to select an existing account as is the case with 401(k) and Roth 401(k) deduction. Unsure if this is a defect or poor design.
  • Thank you for your response,

I'm sorry to hear re-installing the patch did not correct the issue. Since you requested it, this article contains the links to previous Quicken patches.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• MarcC
    MarcC Member ✭✭
    I reverted to release R48.18 on 4/27. Paycheck tracking is working properly again. R49.22 is the culprit.

I'm glad to hear you found a solution and thank you for sharing that solution here.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• BCantoni
    BCantoni Member ✭✭

I have the same problem described here. This is not a "Solution," this is a stop gap measure. When will Quicken fix the problem and release another update?

• BCantoni
    BCantoni Member ✭✭

…and I have R49.29, with the same problem described.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @BCantoni,

Thank you for joining the thread. If you have done the troubleshooting steps listed earlier in the discussion and the issue persists, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    Kristina, this is something that Quicken needs to fix. I have version R49.29 and I am having the same issue with my paychecks. It treats the split like a normal income reminder instead of an actual paycheck.
  • Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Here is what it looks like if I say "edit this and all future instances". I have included what it is doing currently and how it should be looking. [Edited-Readability]

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I am currently having an issue with my paychecks in Quicken. They are not displaying properly if I say "edit this and all future instances" from my Bills and Income screen. I have included screenshots of what it currently looks like and what it should look like. [Edited-Readability]

I have tried restoring a backup and doing a Super Validate file. Nothing has worked. Please fix this.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Tammy Borgnis,

Thank you for joining the discussion. I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they have the ability to escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Marcus Matos
    Marcus Matos Member ✭✭
    I don't have a lot to add to the discussion beyond extreme frustration. R49.29 not only treated my last couple of paychecks improperly, it somehow also went back and undid a couple of years worth of Paycheck Transfers - basically all xfers from my paycheck to anything other than my primary account disappeared, totally messing up my savings and 401K account balances. The latest patch (R49.33) seems to have corrected the issue but I'm having to revert to a 2 month old backup - days of effort wasted and tons of data to re-enter.

R49.33 does seem to still have some other issues, such as the Posting Date shown on the reconciliation screen not matching the Posting Date in the register.

What a mess.
  • TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    Yes, it is a mess. I can confirm that R49.33 still has a paycheck issue as follows:

If the 401k contribution amount is 0.00 but the employer contribution is > 0.00, Quicken R49.33 will incorrectly change the account/category of that line item in the paycheck to the checking account (?!?) where the paycheck is coming FROM, and not the 401k account where the money is supposed to be going TO.

No amount of trying to edit the transaction will succeed, the category will stick to the checking account erroneously.
This discussion has been closed.