American Express transactions do not download and get no prompt to reauthorize

Options

I have gotten the messages that AmEx is changing its connection method, but I have not been able to download any transactions for a month, and I never receive an error or a prompt to re-authorize. The One Step update just looks like it successfully connected, but there are no new transactions. How can I get my transactions properly?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Carol C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you have Cloud Sync turned on? You can check this by going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.

If Cloud Sync is on, do you perform the sync separately from when you run One Step Update? When you update your accounts, do you do everything all at once using One Step update, or do you update the accounts one at a time?

If you haven't done so already, please go to the affected account(s) register, click on the gear icon at the upper right, and select Update now.

If it is still not pulling in transactions after you have done that, the next step would be resetting the account. To do that, first, backup your file, then go to Tools, Account List. Click the Edit button next to the affected account(s). Select the Online Services tab. Click the Reset Account button.

Follow the prompts and check to see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Carol C
    Carol C Member
    Options

I should say that all other accounts are working properly.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Carol C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you have Cloud Sync turned on? You can check this by going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.

If Cloud Sync is on, do you perform the sync separately from when you run One Step Update? When you update your accounts, do you do everything all at once using One Step update, or do you update the accounts one at a time?

If you haven't done so already, please go to the affected account(s) register, click on the gear icon at the upper right, and select Update now.

If it is still not pulling in transactions after you have done that, the next step would be resetting the account. To do that, first, backup your file, then go to Tools, Account List. Click the Edit button next to the affected account(s). Select the Online Services tab. Click the Reset Account button.

Follow the prompts and check to see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Carol C
    Carol C Member
    Options

Thank you, Kristina!! I would not have figured this out on my own!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear its working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.