CITI Credit card transactions not completely downloading

Options
GMS
GMS Member ✭✭

Hello!

I have been having issues with Quicking not fully downloading CITI charges for a year or more. Typically at the beginning or end of the month and at times, as many as 20 transactions. I got on a call with support a few weeks ago, and we did a reset of the account, and I was assured that would take care of the issue.

BUT — when I updated accounts last week, Citi was missing two transactions on 4/15 and 4/13.

I see there is an ongoing Citi issue with the error code: CC-502/FDP-102. Would the issues I'm having fall under that code? Am I best to wait to see if it's resolved or get back on the phone?

Thanks!

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm not having issues with my Citi cards, but I have noticed that I usually don't get any new transactions downloading on Sundays or Mondays, then Monday night I'll get a whole bunch all at once. I assume that's just the way Citi does things.

Are you using Direct Connect or Quicken Connect? If you're using Quicken Connect, try switching to Direct Connect. To use Direct Connect the financial institution will have to be Citi Cards.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• GMS
    GMS Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jon. I'm using Quicken connect. I tried to switch over to direct but it is greyed out (even when i click on it)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @GMS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If the Direct Connect option is greyed out, please check to make sure you are using the correct connection. Citi Cards should give you the Direct Connect option.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GMS
    GMS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Kristina. I will give that a try. Do you think that moving to direct connect is a solve for my original issue? Transactions not downloading?
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Depending on what was causing it to not download, changing the connection method can correct the problem.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Marief1111
    Marief1111 Member
    Options

I have the same problem as the original poster GMS — I have Citicard transactions missing around the close of my monthly statement. So usually 3-4 days of transactions are missing sometime around the 14-20th of the month. I can go in and manually add them to the account, but that is such a hassle and I just want to know how to correct it.

• Marief1111
    Marief1111 Member
    Options

I just updated my accounts and I'm missing transactions from 4/4-4/21/23 on my Citicard account page. Is there some way to request a download of a specific timeframe, so I don't have to do all those transactions manually???

• GMS
    GMS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Marief111. Your issues sound very similar to mine. I got on the phone today with Quicken as I was having trouble utilizing direct connect. The agent was able to walk me thru it, and the process did ADD back the 6 transactions that were currently missing from 4/28-5/1. I have had to manually enter tons of transactions as I've sorted out this issue. Hopefully, this solution sticks! Try direct connect, and I recommend giving Quicken a call if you can't sort it out on your own.
  • Marief1111
    Marief1111 Member
    Options

I'll try the direct connect workaround. Thanks.

I just spent the last 2 hours on chats with Quicken, then Citibank. Quicken had me set up a new account page for the Citibank acct that was not downloading completely. The test account that we set up showed a complete 7 months, with no missing transactions. But when I set it up in my existing Quicken, as a new account, it only gave me transactions back to 4/21, the start of my current credit card statement. Ugh! So I asked how to download just the missing transactions (6 days in Jan, 4 in Feb, 6 in Mar and 3 wks in April) and Quicken said to call Citibank. I did find one thing that might be a help to others with this issue— when I was setting up the test acct, I got an "Action Required" pop-up message that said I needed to go to citi.com/datamanagement to allow Quicken access to Citi or vice versa (not sure which). I can't remember doing that before.

I just contacted Citibank about exporting a specific time range of transactions, but the person online said I needed to call the number on the back of my card. smh

This is all so frustrating. Not sure why things aren't working for me. I've never had problems with my Quicken, until this.

This discussion has been closed.