Skyla credit union

Options
90j
90j Member

does quicken work with Skyla Credit Union?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, it does show up in Add Account. In fact there are 2 listings for it. If one does not work, try the other.

Or have you tried already and are not able to connect? If so, please provide some detail about the issue you are experiencing.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• 90j
    90j Member
    Options

tried to connect, the bank does appears to recognize the user name but not the password

• Ben Antanaitis
    Ben Antanaitis Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

R49.22 applied and SKYLA, who just changed their entire on-banking plateform is still not able to make connection to QW. SKYLA required a 'new' password be created to let users onto their new plateform as of Today 04/26….. They are trying to establish 'Direct Connect' connections in their 'sign-on' sequence. I am not connected to SKYLA or Quicken……. I am just a frustrated decades long user of QW…… Ben

• Ben Antanaitis
    edited April 2023
    Options

UPDATE frm my 11:37 posting…..
    #1 You will need to use the SKYLA listing that 'DOES NOT' show a phone number and is named 'Skyla Federal Credit Union' to get QW to talk to SKYLA.
    #2- In QW you will have to STOP USING Direct Connect communications bewteen QW and SKYLA…..
    #3 You will need to use the 'Express Web Connect' method of connection in QW to access your accounts at SKYLA.
    #4 Looks like you have to create a NEW ACCT for SKYLA, using the SKYLA Federal Cresit Union and your User ID and User PW that you use when you access SKYLA directly over the web……. Ben

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks for confirming that only one of the two Financial Instution listings I'd posted above works and which one it is.

Also, thank you for confirming that Skyla requires one to create a new PW for accessing their online accounts and for use with Quicken and the new Financial Institution listing.

You should not need to establish a new account in Quicken because of this Financial Institution change. It is an option, of course, but if you want to maintain continuity in the account in Quicken what I would suggest is as follows:

1. In your current Skyla account register in Quicken: Enter the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field and save the edited transaction. Repeat for each Skyla account you might have set up in Quicken.
    2. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate (if that button is present) > General tab > Remove all Financial Insitution Information in the upper right qaudarant of that tab (everything that is above the Contact Name field).
    4. Add Account (or Set Up Now form the Online Services tab of Account Details)> select the SKYLA Federal Cresit Union listing and follow the prompts > If prompted (likely) be sure to Link the download to the Skyla account(s) you already have set up in Quicken.
    5. Check the account register balance. Does it match the Online Balance? If so, you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    6. Check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount. If it does not match what you had previously entered into the Memo field, edit the transaction dollar amount to match what is in the Memo field and save the edited transaction. If the register balance and the Online Balance now match, you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    7. Working backward from today's date, scroll through the account looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one of each of the duplicates you find. You might need to go back as far as about 90 days. If the register balance and the Online Balance now match, you are done. If not, proceed to the next step.
    8. Sort the register by Payee (click on the Payee column header). Scoll down the register to find Opening Balance. If you find more than one (they should be right next to each other), keep the one you entered the dollar amount into the Memo field and delete the other.
    9. Repeat steps 5-8 for any other Skyla accounts you might have set up in Quicken.

Now your account register balance and Online Balance amounts for each account should match. And your historical account(s) in Quicken should be linked to the new Financial Institution for future downloads.

• Ben Antanaitis
    Options

BUMMER! QW has removed the magic SKYLA Federal Credit Union parameters from the 'Select your Institution' listing……… QW ←→ Skyla Express Web Connect is now GONE! Ben

• Tamara Dietzel
    Tamara Dietzel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Same issue here. The Skyla Federal Credit Union option is no longer available. I was able to re-register my accounts with Skyla and downloaded transactions from Skyla into Quicken but not able to do auto download to update my accounts. I did try to download again and use the Express Web Connect feature but that does not work either.
  • David E.
    David E. Member
    Options

Same issue. Can not connect since the update to the website.

• Ben Antanaitis
    Options

QUICKEN! Are YOU talking to the majestic SKYLA?, They, who took over our hometown Charlotte Metro Credit Union? They seem to think that anything they implement, is exactly 'what we really needed' in our on-line banking lives. It appeared that we had a workable solution, yesterday ie Use 'SKYLA Federal Credit Union' settings to get Express Web Connection. Why was it removed from the 'Institution' Listing?……….. FYI→ It is getting really close the end of the month just now…… lots of Bills and CCs are expecting bags of money dropped into their laps…….. OUCH!

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023
    Options

FYI, this is a users forum. While some Quicken employees do roam through this site (mostly Moderators) this is not the best way to communicate issues with the Quicken Team. It is very possible that none of the Moderators have yet seen this thread. Even more likely today since they are short-handed right now (just recently one of them is out on maternity leave).

The best ways to contact the Quicken Team:

I also was able to confirm that the Skyla Federal Credit Union setup link is no longer available via Add Account or Set Up Now. That is a very good indication that there is some work being done between Intuit (the aggregator) and Skyla. To confirm this, I opened the FIDIR.txt (Financial Institutions Directory list…the file that tells Quicken which FIs support Quicken, which connection methods they support and for which types of accounts). Today, the FIDIR list shows this for Skyla:

12928 12928 12928 Skyla Credit Union https://www.skylacu.com/ 704-375-0183 https://db.skylacu.com/Authentication ACTIVE BANKING&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

Today it shows they support Web Connect and Express Web Connect. Two days ago when I checked it also showed Direct Connect. So it does appear that it is a work in progress.

Has anyone tried setting up their account(s) today via the current Skyla Credit Union setup link? It did not work in the last couple of days but perhaps it does now.

• Ben Antanaitis
    Options

NEWS! NEWS! SKYLA NEWS!

Yesterday afternoon 4/27 I contacted the Skyla Technical Dept asking about the SKYLA←→QW interfacing problems. Today, 4/28 I received this reply from SKYLA:

"Ben,

We have been informed by Intuit that they are behind in setting up their end in connecting to the new platform. We were told it would be Tuesday, 5/2. It is coming! Thank you for reaching out, let us know if you have any add’l challenges.

janet gooch

BRANCH MANAGER

SKYLA CREDIT UNION"

• Tamara Dietzel
    Tamara Dietzel Member ✭✭
    Options
    I reached Skyla yesterday late afternoon and was told the Quicken/Skyla interface would be available on Wednesday May 3rd. Guess we will just wait and see.
  • Ben Antanaitis
    Options

ALL———

TODAY, on a hunch, I tried again to convert my SKYLA accounts into the Express WEB Connect types by just selecting the SKYLA option in the Institution List. It may be just luck, but it was Good Luck, "IT WORKED!" All 9 of my SKYLA accounts were detected by SKYLA and converted over and were linkable to my original Nicknames and Registers. All seems to be working and fully functional. Word of the Day: BACKUP! Ben

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Interesting. So the current Skyla Credit Union setup link works in setting up an EWC connection. Then what are the 5/2 and 5/3 dates about? Restoring the capability to set up DC connections?

• Ben Antanaitis
    edited April 2023
    Options

Speculation….. 5/2 and 5/3 are just after the weekend…. a 'response team manager' would give their team as much time as reasonable, to accomplish their 'patch/fix' and get it quickly tested…… but, they also would be 'cracking the whip on the team' to get 'something working soonest' to turn off a significantly scared, angry, customer population, who have their torches and pitch-forks out and are looking for who 'screwed the pooch'?……. Since SKYLA has pointed the finger at the QW team, in their note to me, I would be comfortable in speculating that the QW team was caught 'pants-down' by this situation….. Management leaned on development, and the development management 'put the hammer down' on the 'QW critical response interface team'…… In some of our anecdotes, that they saw here in this comment chain, gave them some technical clues, and also some working test cases to use in their quest to solve the problem…JMHO…… Ben …..… I've been in the cross-hairs of customer driven dissatisfaction too many times in the past 35 years, not to feel the heat on the buttocks that the QW folks are feeling right now :(

• Tamara Dietzel
    Tamara Dietzel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I just an update to Quicken and then linked my accounts under the Settings wheel where it showed "Link Online" option (but normally would say "Update now") and it went through for all 3 of my Skyla accounts.
This discussion has been closed.