Wells Fargo Advisor account returns SSL error

Options
I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Mac. My Wells Fargo Advisor account is returning errors since yesterday whenever I attempt to update. "There was an unknown error trying to update this connection. Please try again later. (Error Code: -1200)" Server message: "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."
I've tried creating a test file - I can connect via Quicken Connect, but not Direct Connect. My balances are incorrect when connecting via Quicken Connect. Is this a temporary issue?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Louis Block,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You mentioned you tried a test file. Did you get the same error when attempting to connect via Direct Connect in the test file? If not, what error did you get?

In your original file, have you gone to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts to check for any inactive or closed accounts that may still be trying to connect (if there is a financial institution name listed in the financial institution column, that means Quicken thinks the account is connected)? If there are inactive or closed accounts that still think they're connected, you would first want to backup your file, then disconnect those accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Louis Block
    Louis Block Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I did have another (inactive) account there. I disconnected that, then disconnected the account in question. When I went through the process of reconnecting the account, it worked this time.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it is working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.