Why does Quicken no longer recognize multiple passwords for multiple credit card accounts?

Options
this discussion has come up multiple times with no real solution posted. I see the issue discuss several times with Capital One cards. I have the identical issue with AMEX, two separate cards, two separate accounts, two separate logins, but Quicken will not recognize both at the same time. If I reset one, I get the statement that the other one cannot be found and it should be disabled. And Quicken just does it.

All solutions posted have be to fix the Capital One account. This is not a Capital One or AMEX issue, this is a Quicken issue.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is evidently an issue with how Express Web Connect+ was implemented. Quicken is well aware of the issue, but between them, their aggregator (Intuit) and the group of financial institutions that got together and came up with EWC+, they have not come up with a solution.

Personally, I do Web Connect (.QFX) file downloads from the financial institution's website for import into Quicken and have not been burdened with this issue. As long as the FI's website is up and running, I always get a download and it never fails to import. It just seems a lot simpler than fighting the issues of EWC and EWC+ download methods which always to be causing issues.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Given that Express Web Connect + works for multiple logins with Chase, Capital One, … it seems pretty obvious that the problem lies with American Express. So, people should be contacting them asking them to fix it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • darrelld2
    darrelld2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This exact issue is well documented for Capital One users too on this site.

I may try the download and import.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When doing the manual download, be sure to restrict your download to minimize any duplicate transactions in the downloaded transactions tab.

Also, be sure to make a backup prior to the import just in case something goes terribly wrong.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I only included Captial One because you said "All solutions posted have be to fix the Capital One account. " which implies that there is a way to do it with that financial institution. I don't have either American Express or Capital One to test on, but Chase and Bank of America work, so it is highly unlikely that there is in fact any problem with Quicken, Intuit, or the Express Web Connect + protocol.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.