One Step Update Process changed..... ?????

Options
retird
retird Member ✭✭✭✭

When I performed a One-Step-Update this morning I saw a change in the process. It is the first time ever that it is requesting to update Bills shown under "Online Services".

I have never set-up or used the" Bills" Feature in Quicken. I also have never set-up or used Quicken Mobile and Web.

What is going on and what data is going to the cloud now by default with no way to stop it?

What data is being updated in "Online Services" now with no way to stop it?

Why is it updating "Bills" in Online Services?

My Quicken Premier version is currently R48.15 so I have not updated the version in some time now.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

Answers

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I just finished a One-Step-Update on my 2nd computer that uses a different file to update the same institutions. (I keep redundant computers in case one crashes) Strange (but normally what I see) that it didn't try to update "Bills" under Online Services…….

Any thoughts now???

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @retird,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on what you are describing and the fact that you do not see the same thing happening in a different version of the file on a different computer, that indicates it is a file specific issue. Is the file that is having this issue on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina no I do not use OneDrive or Dropbox on either computer. On the suspect computer I used One Drive for a short time but it has been paused for many years and not online for years. It only contains old files from 2019 and none are Quicken files. I did do another OSU earlier today and neither computer tried to update Bills in the Online Services….. THX for responding gal…. will monitor for a bit… strange it only did this 1 time but hey it seem to be normal now so that's good.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Quicken Kristina …… I just did another OSU this morning and it tried to update Bills in Online Services and added reminders to the Bills screen this time. I deleted them. I have never set up Bills. Something is going on and I see others here are having issues with Bills maybe due to Quicken Updates (R48.18 or R49.22). I have not updated past R48.15. Screenshot of OSU Settings….. note Bills is not listed under Online Updates requested…

I will turn off Download Quotes and Investment info and check OSU tomorrow to see what goes…..

This discussion has been closed.