Moved checking transaction from Property & Debt account to a Banking account, and lost them.

Options
dsttexas
dsttexas Member ✭✭✭
I had entered a few checking transactions in correctly, labeling the Account as [Home] asset for them. Now trying to move them back to Checking so I can correctly edit them. Used Tools / Account List and selected [Home} then in the list of transactions I selected several with Ctrl-click, then "Move Transaction(s)" and picked the Checking account to move to.

The transactions disappeared from the asset account and did not show up in Checking.

What now?
Dell XPS 17 9710, Windows 11 latest, Quicken R48.18 27.1.48.18
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dsttexas,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. First, in the checking account, make sure you're sorting by Date and no filters are active.

If you've done that and still don't see the transactions in that account, click on All Transactions (at the top of the list of accounts, on the left hand side by default).

Use the search textbox and the filters to search for the missing transactions. This can help you find them if they somehow got moved to a wrong account.

If you cannot find them after searching, then you would need to restore a backup from before they went missing.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You don't need to move them from [Home] account. The transactions in the Home account are just transfers from checking. You just change the category on the checking account transactions to something else.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.