Account Downloads but Some Transactions are Missing

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bank download missing transactions.

Comments

• maaKwik
    maaKwik Member
    Options

There were major problems earlier this year when downloading transactions. I thought it was fixed…..until I downloaded my credit card transactions and half a month's worth (about 25) were missing. They were from late March to mid-April; I have downloaded mid-April to end of April successfully.

I talked with my FI, UW-Credit Union, and everything looks ok from their end.

I am also unable to download 1-2 transactions in my checking and in my savings account at UW-Credit Union. I have deactivated and reactived these accounts in Quicken with no change in the results.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @maaKwik,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are the missing transactions from your checking and savings accounts from the same timeframe as the other missing transactions? Have you checked to make sure your accounts are sorted by date and do not have any filters active?

When you download, are you downloading through Quicken, or are you downloading a file from the financial institution and importing it into Quicken? Were any of these missing transactions previously downloaded into your Quicken and then deleted? Are any of these missing transactions repeating transactions (that would be virtually identical aside from the date)? If so, have you checked to see if they were incorrectly matched to transactions already in the register?

You mentioned there were major problems earlier this year; were those problems similar to this issue, or totally different?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• maaKwik
    maaKwik Member
    Options

Are the missing transactions from your checking and savings accounts from the same timeframe as the other missing transactions? Different timefram on different accounts

Have you checked to make sure your accounts are sorted by date and do not have any filters active? Yes, sorted by date and no filters active

When you download, are you downloading through Quicken - yes downloading through Quicken

Were any of these missing transactions previously downloaded into your Quicken and then deleted? NO

Are any of these missing transactions repeating transactions (that would be virtually identical aside from the date)? possibly some, but not all

If so, have you checked to see if they were incorrectly matched to transactions already in the register? yes

You mentioned there were major problems earlier this year; were those problems similar to this issue, or totally different? similar

• maaKwik
    maaKwik Member
    Options

I worked with Quicken rep today for over an hour. We were able to retrieve the transactions from my financial institution and get the synch working for the 3 accounts there. There were multiple steps and I would not have known the entire process. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't happen again!

There is still an outstanding issue: The Q rep copied/moved my Quicken data to another folder. The effect is that the Q data is no longer backed up to OneDrive in the cloud.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the rep was able to help you get those transactions to download.

Based on what you are describing, the rep you worked with saw that your file was synced with OneDrive rather than directly on the C drive and had you move it. That is a typical troubleshooting step for many issues since keeping the Quicken file you are actively using synced with a cloud service is not recommended. You can review this article for more information. That said, you are free to move your Quicken file back where it was originally if you would like to. If you do so, I would strongly recommend that you make frequent backups of your file and that you pause OneDrive when you are accessing your Quicken file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.