Quicken Crashes after One Step Update of EWC+ Accounts

Options
Jnic
Jnic Member ✭✭✭

About a week ago my Quicken Premier, occasionally, suddenly closes just after finishing the Express Web Connect+ accounts update process. Upon re-opening the non EWC+ accounts are updated, however the EWC+ accounts are not.

Running One Step Update again downloads the transactions from the EWC+ accounts without crashing... so, far. So, the crash seems to occur during the end of the EWC+ updating process.

Yes, I did try all the recommended procedures.

I know Quicken suddenly crashing is an ongoing issue and just wanted to add my specifics in the hope that it will help get it fixed.

Comments

• Nalgas
    Nalgas Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was unaware that this was a known issue, so I report mine as a crasher as well after the update.

I'm on Deluxe version R49.22, and the program closes after every update of accounts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jnic and @Nalgas,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

We do currently have an active alert regarding Quicken for Windows crashing when performing certain functions, this could be contributing to the issues that you are experiencing. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ChrisSBU
    ChrisSBU Member
    Options

To expand a bit on my issue, when Quicken crashes, it also locks my quicken file, and it becomes impossible to re-open the file. The only solution I've found is to copy the file to a different location. The copied version opens fine, but the original remains corrupted and unable to be opened.

This discussion has been closed.