American Express Keeps Asking to Reauthorize (Mac)

Options

Comments

• jlbaldwin
    jlbaldwin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. American Express keeps asking me to update connections-I go through all the prompts and am told all is successful. So why do they keep asking me to do this every time I update accounts. This is extremely annoying! How do I complete it and stop this.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jlbaldwin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you get the prompt to reauthorize accounts, that prompt will usually tell you exactly which accounts it is seeing need to be reauthorized. Go to Accounts>Hide and Show accounts. This will pull up a list of all the accounts you have in that Quicken file. If there is a financial institution name in the Financial Institution column, that means it thinks that account is connected. Go through that list and see if there are any American Express accounts that think they are connected. If there are extra accounts, you may have inactive/closed accounts trying to connect (in which case, you would want to backup your file and disconnect those inactive/closed accounts) or you may have accidentally ended up with duplicate accounts rather than linking to the existing accounts when reauthorizing.

If there are no extra American Express accounts, then you would want to backup your Quicken file, find the account(s) that Quicken keeps saying needs to be reauthorized, and disconnect it. Then, go to Accounts>Add Account, search for the financial institution, and follow the prompts to reconnect the account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.