I am unable to deactivate my account due to hidden downloads.

Options

I used to have my account at a bank with bank transactions dating back to the 90's. I moved my account to a brokerage firm. My investment accounts have not been downloading in to my account. I ultimately think the issue is that my account in quicken has the account type of Checking when it should now be brokerage. Because of this, I believe my investment transactions are not showing in this account. It says that I have 79 transactions to download, but they are no where to be found.

The downloads are not on my ledger. They are not in the online center either. I tried to deactivate, because I believe if I deactivate and reactivate this will allow me to set it aas a brokerage, I can not deactivate due to it having transactions that need to be accepted.

To recap:

Downloads are not in the download section to accept

Downloads are not in the online center of Quicken

I have turned automatic entry on and restarted Quicken and the transactions still do not flow in.

I have show hidden transactions on

I tried to create a manual brokerage account to move the transactions over to see if they would show up. Hoping this would allow me to deactivate the account and reestablish a connection to the new account I set up, but I do not have the move transactions option on this account. It does not exist.

I am at a lost on how to fix this. I have a huge history that I do not want to lose. Any advice to offerme that would help me with this issue. I have exhausted all my resources! Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Stifel Support,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before beginning any troubleshooting, please save a backup (just in case).

To start with, please right-click the account experiencing this problem in the Account List sidebar and select Edit/Delete Account. Then, navigate to the Online Services tab and check if "Automatic entry is: ..." is set to On or Off (see below).

Please click on it and select the opposite choice of what is currently selected. If it is set to "No - Never...", please switch it to "Yes - Always…" or vice versa (see below). Doing so should allow you to deactivate the account without getting the error message again. You can switch this setting back after reactivating the account.

Once that is done, attempt to deactivate the account. If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, please reactivate through Add Account, by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, link to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Stifel Support
    Stifel Support Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain these steps. I switched from off to on. The flags disappeared and were replaced with a green dot. I could still not deactivate the account as it said there were downloads that needed to be accepeted.

Before when flipping this status, I know that closing Quicken and restarting Quicken will bring the transactions in. This did not happen.

I do believe that it is because this activated account is an Account Type: Checking where it should be Account Type: Brokerage. Because this is a checking, the investment transactions seem to be stuck in limbo.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

You cannot change the account type even when deactivated. You cannot move transactions between spending and investment accounts. It's hard to believe you were able to activate a checking account to a brokerage institution. That should not be possible. Was this checking account a linked account to a brokerage in a previous life?

Can you connect the manual account to the brokerage?

There is a brute force way to deactivate but I'm not going to suggest it until I better understand how it happened. It might trash the data file.

• Stifel Support
    Stifel Support Member ✭✭
    Options

It was a direct connect with PNC. The account was deactivated and attached to a direct connect at our firm. I reached out to Quicken with the client, and we did a slew of things. Ultimately we were able to add the account through our institution and connect it to test accounts where we moved the transactions.

This discussion has been closed.