Wrong balance in download from Associated Bank

Options
Raildog
Raildog Member

Associated Bank checking downloads but returns available balance instead of account balance. This makes reconciling account a pain.

Have chatted with support months ago and last month with Quicken Community Jasmin I believe and sent screen shots in response but problem not fixed and no follow up. This same problem was fixed a long time ago, before the fall update changed it back. Can someone please look into this before I resub. Thank You!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Raildog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Associated Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with the balance being incorrect. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
      Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile.
    7. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Raildog
    Raildog Member
    Options

I will try the test file but feel it is a waste of time . I have shown exactly what the problem is and it should be an easy fix to just map the proper balance to download data. I went through all this a long time ago and problem was corrected. With last falls major "upgrade" the problem was back just as before.

Thanks

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Raildog,

The purpose of the test file is to know how to proceed with proper troubleshooting steps dependent on the results.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Raildog
    Raildog Member
    Options

Not sure what you want as far as results of test file. The balance returned with download is still the available balance not the account balance needed to reconcile the account.

• Raildog
    Raildog Member
    Options

I guess I need to make sure you understand that the download does not include transactions that are still pending but the available balance reflects the amount of those transactions.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Raildog,

Thanks for attempting that test file.

Since the same issue occurred in the main file and the test file, you will need to reach out to Associated Bank for further assistance as this indicates an issue with the way they are sending information through their servers. Quicken does not have access to these servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Raildog
    Raildog Member
    Options

I could accept this if a Quicken tech had not explained the fix to me a year ago and then FIXED IT.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Until this situation gets fixed, whenever, if ever that might happen, do you think you could live without reconciling to the Online Balance every day?
    Instead, reconcile once a month to the paper statement balance, to prove your handiwork is correct.
    During the month use the downloaded transactions to match to your register and spot any discrepancies.
    That usually works for me and avoiding the pending transactions issue saves me a lot of aggravation, which, my doctor says I don't need.

This discussion has been closed.