Amex connection update -- completed successfully but it keeps prompting me

Options
donnarey
donnarey Member ✭✭
I updated the Amex connection 2 weeks back.
Relinked my card - all is working

BUT-- every time I open quicken it keeps asking me to do this again.
I've done it 3 times --?
How do I stop the prompt?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @donnarey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. That prompt should list what accounts it thinks are still connected by the old connection method. Go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Any account with American Express in the Financial Institution column thinks its connected. Do you have extra accounts connected? If so, you may have inactive/closed accounts that need to be disconnected (make sure to backup your file first). You might also have duplicate accounts (that can happen if you go through the reauthorization and the accounts get added as new instead of linked to the existing).

If you have the correct number of accounts connected and no inactive/closed accounts causing the problem, then you would want to backup your file, disconnect only the accounts that the reauthorize prompt is telling you need to be reauthorized, then go to Accounts>Add Account and follow the prompts to authorize and relink those accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.