Print Check errors

jaetter
jaetter Member

When I printed two checks in quicken, I confirmed the next check number. The checks printed but quicken had the wrong checks associated with the checks. For example, if I had printed a check to John Smith for $1 and Jane Doe for $2 Quicken entered the checks in the register as check one to John Smith and check 2 to Jane Doe. In fact, Jane Doe printed on check one and John Smith to check 2. I didn't catch the error until the I did the one step update and the checks had cleared and didn't match the register in Quicken. I simply put the correct check number on each check in the register. I can work around the issue by printing one check at a time, but I should be able to print multiple checks without reloading the blanks for each check.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @jaetter,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this the first time the issue has happened, or has it been going on for a while? Is it only the check numbers that were reversed or did you notice any other incorrect information? When writing checks, do you use the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+w), do you select it from the actions menu (gear icon in the upper right of the register), or from the Tools menu?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hmead
    hmead Member

Printing checks, all the sudden, started have problems and wonder if it happened during a update. Text does not line up with lines for payee and text amount. Fixed by using the alignment feature, but can only print one check at a time, and tell it that only has one check there even if it is a full page of the standard three.

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

Have you recently updated the firmware for your printer? I did this for my HP M608 laser jet and afterward my checks were misaligned. I checked my computer log (I have kept one for my computer(s) since 1984) and realized that I had just updated the printers firmware. I did a new check alignment in Quicken and all is well again.

This discussion has been closed.