"internal sync error" when switching accounts: Repeatable bug in Quicken for Windows
I have two separate Quicken databases that I manage - each has its own quicken.com login. Since Quicken doesn't remember two passwords, I have to manually log in whenever I switch databases. (Otherwise, I won't be able to sync data to the web).
After working with the second database, I always switch back to the first since that's the one I use most. To ensure I'm logged in with the correct account, I click the "Sync now" button - which forces me to log in. However, after logging in, it *always* reports the error "Internal sync error. Please try again later." I click "OK" and do the sync again and all is well.
This is annoying, but not a show-stopper. And I'd like to report it to the dev team in case it's an easy fix - but I don't want to call or sit on chat.
Has anyone else seen this behavior? How best can I report this to Quicken?
Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on what you are describing, it sounds like you are switching to a data file that is under a different Quicken ID, then using the Sync Now button in the Mobile & Web section to get a login prompt. If that is the case, then you are likely getting that sync error because the program was still logged in under the other Quicken ID.
What you can do to avoid that issue is log out of Quicken by going to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then click the blue link that says Sign in as a different user, type "yes" in the confirmation window, and click Sign Out.
That will bring you back to the Quicken login screen. Then, you can either close the program and reopen it by double clicking on the data file you want to open, and logging in when prompted, or you can log back in, then switch to the data file you want to use.
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure that what you describe will work for this situation, but it's more work than simply dismissing the error message and trying again.
The problem (as I see it) is that Quicken detects that my database and login don't match, asks me to log in with the correct information, and then when I do, it kicks out an error. Immediately retrying always works.
To me, this seems like a simple, repeatable bug. And if I could get the attention of the dev team, they could reproduce it easily and probably fix it.0
Thank you for your response,
If you believe it is a bug and you're trying to report it, there are a couple options.
- You can go to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached (making sure to describe the issue). You will not receive any response from that submission, but our teams do receive the information and if they agree that its a bug, it would be fixed in a future release.
- You can contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.
I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!
Thank you! Option #1 is exactly what I was looking for. I went straight to the website and never realized there was an in-program option for this.0