Why doesn't sidebar projected balance calculate totals for brokerage and non-cash accounts?

Options
yobyot
yobyot Member ✭✭
One of the issues I had when migrating to the Mac from Windows was that brokerage accounts that have checking features (commonly called cash management account) aren't well supported by QM -- for example brokerage accounts' transactions registers don't totally support common banking transaction types. Everything banking-oriented is a "payment/deposit" transaction type.

Now, I think I've found another, more annoying, quirk in the support for brokerage-accounts-that-are-really-checking-accounts: the sidebar options to project a balance do not support future transactions.

If you have a future transaction in the register for the cash portion of a brokerage account, say a credit card payment to be paid by bill payment in three weeks from now, there's no difference in the sidebar between the balance shown in today's balance and projected balance. Yet a "real" checking account takes into account such transactions.

Yet the help for the sidebar display feature does not indicate that QM _doesn't_ accurately project balances for "brokerage" accounts.

This makes it hard to use the sidebar for one of its most important features: net worth calculations. I'd like to know what my net worth is _after_ all the credits and debits in the future in brokerage accounts and I think that's what "projected" should mean.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @yobyot,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You are not the only one who wants this functionality. I would recommend viewing this Idea post and adding your vote and a comment.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• yobyot
    yobyot Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Clearly, [Removed-Speculation]. It's interesting that something that doesn't make sense hasn't been fixed in years because it didn't get enough "votes."

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I checked the status on the issue: it is being worked on still, no ETA available, but it will be implemented in a future release.

Thank you.

(CTP-1760)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.