TJX saying account is locked but it is not

Options
This actually has been going on for over a year. I have validated, super validated, put in a ticket with the company that manages the cards for TJX. No results.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this problem about downloading transactions for your credit card or is it about using Quicken Bill Manager to make your monthly payments?

The list of available financial institutions only list one entry: TJX Rewards Credit Card
    Is that the one you are using to connect for transaction downloading?

More details would be helpful, including the release number of your Quicken software (click Help / About Quicken).
    If possible, capture a screen image snapshot of the error message and attach it here. Remember to redact personal information before submitting screen images.

• David Broach
    David Broach Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello UKR, thank you for your help. Please see the attached screen shots. It is a TJX Rewards Credit Card. Quicken has changed a few things, but it used to be every time I tried to update. Now, it constantly has a yellow triangle beside the TJX card in Bills & Income. When you click the yellow triangle, it basically says that quicken is trying to fix it - see the screen shot that says, "still connecting to TJX Rewards". Then the Yellow triangle turns to the blue exclamation point - see screen shot "Needs attention". When you click on that it gives you the screen shat that says, "Attention Required" and says the account is locked. Which it is not. The account is locked is basically what it has been saying forever. I honestly don't remember everything I have tried but have reset the account, pretty sure even removed it and put it back, and as I said before validated, super validated. Thanks again for trying to help!
    tjx.JPG 48.6K
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report this as a Quicken Bill Manager issue. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.
    For an alternative to Bill Manager, at least until they fix it, see below.

Quicken Support:

Workaround, Alternative to Bill Manager

While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.
    In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

This discussion has been closed.