How can I re-add my Bank of America credit card to Quicken

Options

My Bank of America Master Card marked that it needed attention (though my Bank of America checking account works fine). I tried reauthorizing Bank of America accounts, kept getting message , "Your accounts have been authorized successfully!" and return to Quicken. At Quicken there was the message that "Customized cash rewards card 4044" (correct card) was marked "Don't add to Quicken".

Decided to delete the account (it is no longer showing up in Quicken after I deleted it) and tried adding it again (before reading deactivate then reactivate suggestion in another thread) and now still continually get the same message, "Customized cash rewards card 4044" (correct card) marked "Don't add to Quicken".

How can I re-add this Bank of America card to Quicken. Thank you for any help.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Jeff1008,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you are on that add/link screen and it says "Don't add to Quicken", that generally means Quicken thinks the account is already connected. In the sample image below, you can see the account shows "Don't add to Quicken" in the action column, but it also shows a Nickname in Quicken. That nickname is what the account would be connected to in Quicken.

When you complete authorization through Bank of America get to the add/link screen in Quicken, pay attention to that nickname it shows you. Then, backup your file and go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to that account and deactivate it.

Once that is done, reconnect your account. Once you have gone through the authorization and are back on the add/link screen, make sure it is showing the action "Link to existing…" and that it sees the correct Nickname in Quicken. If it does not, you should be able to click the dropdown in the action column and select the correct information.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Jeff1008,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you are on that add/link screen and it says "Don't add to Quicken", that generally means Quicken thinks the account is already connected. In the sample image below, you can see the account shows "Don't add to Quicken" in the action column, but it also shows a Nickname in Quicken. That nickname is what the account would be connected to in Quicken.

When you complete authorization through Bank of America get to the add/link screen in Quicken, pay attention to that nickname it shows you. Then, backup your file and go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to that account and deactivate it.

Once that is done, reconnect your account. Once you have gone through the authorization and are back on the add/link screen, make sure it is showing the action "Link to existing…" and that it sees the correct Nickname in Quicken. If it does not, you should be able to click the dropdown in the action column and select the correct information.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jeff1008
    Jeff1008 Member
    Options

Thank you, Kristina! Problem solved— appreciate your prompt response to this frustrating situation. .😀

Best regards,

Jeff

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.