Paychecks get turned into split transactions/income reminders

Options
jlaur_25
jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
After spending time to delete and recreate a paycheck this keeps happening. It appears to be a new bug introduced in this last update.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jlaur_25,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

If you haven't already, I suggest that you restore a backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring to restore any data that has already been affected. Then, turn off mobile sync to see if that may help prevent this issue from reoccurring. 

Once you've restored the backup, please follow the instructions provided below to turn off sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Turn off sync until...the bug is fixed? Thanks!
  • Patrick Hasenjager
    Patrick Hasenjager Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just spent a few hours finding and fixing every paycheck for this year. Why do I even bother turning on mobile sync since I usually end up with paycheck wizard problems every single time. Told a few friends, "if I ever talk about turning on mobile sync for Quicken again, smack me upside the head!"

This has been ongoing, recurs every few updates. In my opinion, mobile sync is not worth it when we have to go back and fix things everytime.

• jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    Options
    True. I had to fix a half dozen paychecks. It's okay to copy and paste over....but...I DO change my allocations so I have to go in and inspect each one...then re-reconcile accounts. Ugh.
  • Mike409
    Mike409 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So... suddenly one of my accounts had a negative balance of over $150,000. A quick look showed that my Paycheck entries had been modified -- all the way back to 2017.

I've been using Quicken since the 90's I think is time to find an alternative to Quicken though. Looks like there are several alternatives.
    There are too many problems with Quicken -- it's too buggy. I'm always concerned when it's time to update because updates routinely cause problems.

I don't like their first suggestion of restore from backup. While I do routinely back up my file, and can do that, it's often a lot of work to re-enter transactions from the time that Quicken corrupted my data file. It's as if they're saying... Whoops. We made a mistake. It's no problem though. All you have to do is spend a couple -- or more -- hours re-entering your data. Once done, everything will be fine until a future update will corrupt your data again. In this case, we're talking about over six-years worth of paycheck data. Not so fast and easy to just re-enter the corrupted transactions.

It also hit me the other day that if Quicken can't update their software without corrupting data files, how can they be so certain that their software is secure?
This discussion has been closed.