Memorized Payee info not [retrieved from Address Book]

Options

When I select my memorized payee on the "Pay to the order of" section, it isn't pulling in any of the saved address and memo information. I've never had this problem in my years of using the program and as far as I know nothing has changed.

I can see that the payees have the address and memo information still saved, but that information isn't being added to the check.

I have tried multiple payees all with the same issue, even though they all worked find last month.

I tried updating quicken (It did have an update, but it didn't fix the problem) I also updated and restarted windows, but the problem still persists.

Please help!

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Vinton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Is it happening exclusively with that one memorized payee, or is it happening with multiple? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Vinton
    Vinton Member
    Options

Thank you for your response!

I only use the program once a month, so it worked fine last month, but yesterday I noticed the issue.

It happens with every memorized payee.

My file is locally located on my C drive and not cloud shared.

I did end up calling support and they had me check everything to confirm the file wasn't corrupt (It wasn't)

They even had me create a new file and a new memorized payee and then try, but there was the same problem.

They said it must be an update issue and that I would have to delete the program and re-install a previous version. Unfortunately I didn't have time to let them walk me through that, so I haven't looked into how to do that yet.

• Vinton
    Vinton Member
    Options

I called back to support and the new person I got told me that wasn't right. He had me download something from quicken that should fix things with an update. I forget what it was called but I think it was something mondo? It didn't solve the problem. But it did make it to where if I click "edit" next to the address on the check, and confirm, then it will place the address. He actually told me the latest upgrade made it to where you have to confirm the address this way, that it won't automartriceally place it in that field anymore (Very unfortunate).

He did say that the memo should still be coming through, and that he would have to look more into that, that it may just be a glitch.

This discussion has been closed.