Honda Finance-Trying to download into quicken

Options
Gina Santacroce
Gina Santacroce Member ✭✭✭
Hello- I keep getting the C-501 message. I have tried eveything. I am doing the correct email and password. ? Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Gina Santacroce,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

This error occurs when Quicken is unable to connect to the bank to receive transaction information. This could be caused by something on the bank's end blocking Quicken from connecting. In some cases, Quicken Support may need to escalate the issue. You may follow this link to read more information regarding a CC-501 error message.

As per the FAQ: If this occurs when trying to add an account-

Wait 24 hours and try to add the account again. If you are still getting the error after waiting 24 hours, please Contact Support.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RCB44691
    RCB44691 Member
    Options

I have been working with Honda Financial Customer Service the last few days and just got off the phone with them. They told me the partner relationship with Quicken was terminated around February 2023 which is why it no longer works. They said Quicken needs to remove the Honda Finance American - Owner from their financial institution search list. Ideally it would be nice if the partnership could be restored somehow..

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In a perfect world, HFCS management would have contacted Intuit as the download service provider and officially notified them of the change. That's the only way change requests can be initiated.

I recommend you maintain the loan account as an offline account and use the Scheduled Reminder created by the loan setup process to record your monthly payments.
    To actually make the monthly payments I recommend you authorize HFCS to automatically debit your checking account on due date. This way you'll never be late.
    Let HFCS email you a notice every month when the new statement arrives. Use the amounts specified in the statement to keep your Quicken register in sync. The loan calculation made by Quicken will always differ by a few cents. That means, after recording the reminder transaction adjust the amounts of principal and interest paid to what's shown on the statement.

This discussion has been closed.