Downloaded Transactions are Reconciled

Options
neil154
neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have 1 credit card which is acting differently than my other cards. When I download a transaction in the "odd" credit card it does not show as cleared but shows reconciled.

Please tell me how to make the downloaded transaction show as cleared automatically.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is "Reconcile using online balance" checked on that Account?

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did not explain the issue properly.

When I download the transaction and then accept it, the item shows as reconciled not cleared (this is immediately upon download and not when I am trying to reconcile.

The credit card is a Citi Cash card but I have a second card with Citi and it does not have this issue. The card with the problem is used only for Amazon purchases if that makes any difference

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@neil154 - What @Tom Young was asking is if that box is checked. If it is, then uncheck it and click on OK. That will stop the auto reconciliation for that account that is occurring.

Then, if you want to, you can go back to that Online Services tab of Account Details, again, and check that box (if you do want to Reconcile to the Online Balance) and click on OK. The next time you download transactions you can review and accept them and they will be entered into the register as cleared transactions. Then when you do Reconcile you should get prompted to decide whether or not you want Quicken to Auto Reconcile the register. Make sure you do not select Auto Reconcile or you will recreate the same situation you are now wanting to get stopped.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do not understand how the suggestion will help. I have many other credit cards and they all have Reconsile to the online balance and none of them have this same issue

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It is not the Reconcile to Online Balance that is the issue. It is the Auto Reconcile option that you apparently have enabled for that account. When Auto Reconcile is enabled Quicken will automatically run Reconcile to Online Balance every time transactions are downloaded and if there are no issues found the transactions will be automatically entered into the register as reconciled transactions with no action on your part required.

Your other accounts are set up for Reconcile to Online Balance but the Auto Reconcile option was not enabled for them.

In order to remove the Auto Reconcile option you need to first disable Reconcile to Online Balance and then you can enable it again afterward. Just make sure that the first time you reconcile the account after you re-enable Reconcile to Online Balance you do not enable Auto Reconcile.

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Okay, I disabled Reconcile to Online Balance. I dot even see a option for enable Auto Reconcile, so how did I enable it?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

As mentioned above, you will not see an option to enable Auto Reconcile until after you re-enable Reconcile to Online Balance and after you next download transactions and run reconciliation. At that point you should get a small popup which will give you the option to Auto Reconcile.

This discussion has been closed.