Connecting to Amazon store card (Q Mac)

Options
R Strax
R Strax Member ✭✭✭

I have seen that other people are having difficulty getting their Amazon credit card account to download. Mine worked fine until about one month ago and now I cannot get it to direct download into Quicken even though I can log onto the account on my browser.

I have found the thread about using "Amazon store card - Synchrony" to set up the account and I'm happy to do that. However when I try to disconnect my Amazon card so I can reset it I get this error message: Another account in Quicken has already been set up with these settings.

I have no idea what to do so I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @R Strax,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. That error generally means its seeing another account in your file connected to the same account. To track it down, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Look for accounts showing Amazon store card - Synchrony in the Financial Institution column. Are there any accounts showing connected to that financial institution that shouldn't be? If so, backup your file and disconnect those accounts. Once the other account Quicken thinks is using that same connection is disconnected, then you should be able to disconnect your account without getting that error.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• R Strax
    R Strax Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I didn’t find any such duplicates.

However, while I was unable to disconnect the existing account, I was able to delete the unresponsive Amazon account and reinstall it. It now updates properly.

I appreciate your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were finally able to get that account updating properly.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.