Uncategorized Transactions Widget Broken

Options
Zoolook
Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta

Can this be fixed? It's been an issue for a few releases.

R49.29 Build 27.1.49.29

Windows 11

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Zoolook,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue start? Have you clicked on the 3 dots at the upper right to make sure it is looking at all your accounts (or to verify that it is customized to look at the accounts you want it looking at)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Zoolook
    Options

Hi - yes all accounts are selected. This issue remains whether I select all or a subset. It's been an issue for several months. Even if I customize the qadget to only show for an account with only uncategorized transactions, the issue remains.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this transaction truly uncategorized (Category = blank)
    or is it categorized to a Category name = "Uncategorized"?

• Zoolook
    edited May 2023
    Options

The category name is uncategorized, which is the default category for a downloaded transaction when Quicken doesn't know how to categorize it.

So based on your post, I changed the Category to blank and sure enough it appeared. It's worth noting that in the Mac version, both blank and items with a category of "Uncategorized" will appear in this widget.

I'm sure this could become an absurd conversation of what should appear, but the widget does literally say "uncategorized transactions". Any downloaded item with no category rule should show, and Quicken does categorized them as Uncategorized rather than leave them blank.

Bug or feature?

• Zoolook
    Options

Is this behavior difference between Mac and Windows versions of the widget going to remain? @Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.