How can I sort pending/downloaded transactions?

Options
LeaningTower
LeaningTower Member ✭✭
I downloaded (via QFX file) transactions (approx 12 transactions for the same trade date) from an investment account. I'd like to verify each of them before accepting them into the register because I've had problems with downloaded transactions from this broker in the past. To facilitate this, I would like to sort them by "Description" (security name). Currently, they are sorted by Action/Date.

When I download transactions for various bank accounts (savings, checking MMA, credit cards), I can easily sort the downloaded transactions by clicking the appropriate heading (i.e. Date, Payee, Amount) in either descending or ascending order. For some reason I cannot sort the transactions for the investment acct. The headings (Date, Action, Description etc) are not clickable.

Anyone able to advise?

(in case it is relevant: Win10 Pro, Quicken Premier ver. R48.9)

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @LeaningTower,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Based on your description, it sounds like you have Automatic Entry turned off and your investment transactions are downloading into the section below the register. Currently, the default sort order is the only option until you accept the transaction into your register.

You are not the only one who would like to have the ability to sort investment transactions before accepting them added to Quicken. I would recommend viewing this Idea post and adding your vote and a comment. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in a future release.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.