Bill Manager scheduled due date register entry.

Options
Is there a way that I can force a bill such as electric which might be due 5/25, to appear in the register as the due date? and still be paid as indicated on the due date. I used to be able to automatically enter upcoming bills and income from 2 to 30+ days ahead. This provided me with a visual of my balance projection for the upcoming month and how it reflects in the register. It appears that now with the Bill Manager, the entry will appear on the due date. Basically, this is fine but I like to see the register reflect the "upcoming" bill not on the day that it is due.
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Dave Robinson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. The bill reminder will always show the due date that you put in (or that it gets from the biller if it is linked to an online biller). You are able to make the bill reminder visible in your register prior to the due date though.

The first way to do that is using auto-enter to automatically enter the transaction into your register a set number of days early. It will still reflect the due date, but will be visible in your register.

The second way is to use the clock icon near the upper right in your register. You can click on that and choose how far out you want to be able to see reminders.

Reminders that are not yet entered into the register will appear with a clock icon and the word "Upcoming". Reminders that automatically enter into the register early will reflect the future date.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.