AMEX Canada

Options

Anyone know why Quicken is now sending us to americanexpress.ca instead of:https://www.americanexpress.com/en-ca/ for website downloads? When I contacted Quicken I am told it is an AMEX problem but really it is just the link? Anyone else have they same issue?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RP-YOW,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If the URL needs to be changed, then it will require the financial institution to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please take a moment to review the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this support article.

I do apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RP-YOW
    RP-YOW Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. I am surprised that Quicken cannot contact someone at the financial institution. Instead you send us to the wrong website which could be a phishing expedition. You should at the very least remove the link.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your response.

These changes cannot be made without confirmation from the financial institution directly. As explained at the bottom of the article previously provided:

"If Quicken is displaying an incorrect Homepage URL, the financial institution will need to report this URL change to the Quicken financial services provider through their account manager.

This is the only method, as the financial institution can confirm that the URL in Quicken is truly incorrect and not just experiencing temporary difficulties. Quicken Support cannot make this change."

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.