US Bank Reauthorization Fails

AMJ
AMJ Member

When I try and reauthorize my US Bank accounts, it directs me to sign in to US Bank, I enter my credentials, it asks me to to verify using two-step authorization and prompts me for my method, I put that in and then I get this message every time from US Bank for the past week: "Sorry, our system is currently unavailable. Please try again."

I've opened up a new window and log in perfectly fine to my US Bank account so it's not my credentials. I use Windows 11 Home. PC.

I've used Quicken for twenty years and have loved it. But, between this and the American Express reauthorization debacle (doesn't work if you have multiple american express accounts which still isn't working) I'm about done. The time I spend trying to fix these problems with Quicken, I think I'd rather deal with an excel spreadsheet.

Comments

• markchron
    markchron Member ✭✭
    Similar issues. Then the reauthorization process deletes my Target credit card and replaces it with a US Bank account. What is going on?
  • Roane
    Roane Member
    edited May 2023

I am having the same issues with chase and US Bank - when will this be corrected? [Edited-Readability]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @AMJ, @markchron, and @Roane,

Are you all having the same issue with being unable to complete authorization due to an error on US Bank's website while going through the authorization process? If not, please provide more detail about the exact issues you are running into when trying to authorize your accounts.

The error message described sounds like a temporary server issue, but there are other possible causes. Do you use a VPN, firewall, popup blocker, or antivirus? If so, try pausing them while going through the authorization process. Which browser are you using when encountering the issue? Have you tried temporarily choosing a different default browser to see if you're able to complete the process using that other browser?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• regpatolsen
    regpatolsen Member

Getting the same message for the last 10 days on US Bank. I try to login and it won't let me to update.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @regpatolsen,

Thank you for joining the discussion. Please provide more detail. What is happening when you try to update? Is it prompting you to reauthorize? Are you getting any error messages and/or error codes?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• What do you do if you don't even get the Pop Up to start the reauthorization process? I believe I've disabled my Chrome Pop Up Blocker.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @Scott Glatstein,

Thank you for joining the discussion. If you are not receiving a pop up, that may mean that you have already reauthorized the account, that the account is not connected for download, or it could mean the way your are updating your account isn't triggering the reauthorization pop up.

To check if the account has already been migrated or isn't connected, go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to the account. Click the Online Services tab. It should show you the financial institution and connection method.

If it shows Express Web Connect + then it has already been migrated. If the account is not connected, it will look like the sample image below.

If your account is still showing Express Web Connect or Direct Connect and you are not getting the prompt to migrate it to the new connection method, could you tell me which method you use to update your account(s)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Thank you for response. All of my accounts are listed as Yes (Direct Connect) in Quicken. Obviously I use PFM Direct Connect. Thoughts?

• Deb-quick
    Deb-quick Member ✭✭

When trying to authorize my US Bank credit card I received the following error:

{
    "error": {
    "code": "500",
    "message": "Execution of ServiceCallout SCValidateUserAgentLegacy failed. Reason: Host not reachable"
    }
    }

No sure what this means. Do I simply try again later?

• Damien H.
    Damien H. Member

^^^Same as above.

I get the same 500 error code when attempting to authorize U.S. Bank accounts. I disabled all pop-up blockers and tried to change the default browser from Edge to Chrome twice with the same result.

What is the issue here?

• Tmcgraw
    Tmcgraw Member

This is the same issue I have been recieving as well…. getting quite frustrating.

• Deb-quick
    Deb-quick Member ✭✭

I contacted US Bank support and was told that their system was down for a period of time today. Tried again and was able to make the connection.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply @Scott Glatstein,

When you update your accounts, are you using One Step Update to update all at once, or are you using a different method? Generally, if you are going to Tools>One Step Update, it should give you the reauthorization prompt.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• John Bop
    John Bop Member

I am unable to add another US Bank account. I am required to go through re-authorization process, but am still not able to add an account. It's an endless loop. Add, re-authorize, successful, no add, add, re-authorize, successful, no add… etc.

I am not getting errors with re-authorization. BUT, re-authorization says complete in the US Bank popup, but back in Quicken, when I attempt to add another US Bank account, I am again presented with re-authorization process. There isn't a way to bypass this process, and I am not able to add another account.

• James Bates
    James Bates Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Endless loop.
  • Quicken Kristina

Hello @John Bop and @James Bates,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you describe the issue, it sounds like after re-authorization on the US Bank site, the Quicken Add/Link screen is just saying Don't add to Quicken? If that is the case, then that means Quicken isn't letting you link the account because it thinks it is already connected. When you are on that Add/Link screen, it will show you the Nickname in Quicken (to the left of where it says "Don't add to Quicken". That nickname is what it thinks the account is connected to.

You would want to take note of that nickname. Then, backup your Quicken file and deactivate that nickname in Quicken. Once you have it deactivated, you would go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts. When you complete the authorization with US Bank and are back at the Add/Link screen in Quicken, make sure to verify the account(s) is seeing the correct nickname in Quicken to link to and verify that it is showing Link to existing, not Add to Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• KMllR
    KMllR Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem as AMJ in May though I am using a Macbook Pro. When I try to link to US Bank I get the message "Sorry, our system is currently unavailable. Please try again." I have been trying for a month. When I log into the bank on my own I can go straight to my dashboard with my accounts listed but don't know where to go then to re-authorize the connection to Quicken. I am about ready to give up entirely and cancel my Quicken account.
  • James Bates
    James Bates Member ✭✭

Kristina, thank you. That did get the accounts back up, but now some of them won't update. I have tried deactivating and then reactivating them but no luck so far.

• JDB97
    JDB97 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

I am having a similar issue, but I am a new US Bank account holder and am simply trying to add the account to my Quicken app.

I am able to login to the US Bank site without issue, receive the 2FA code on my phone, and then am prompted to add some security questions. Once that's done, I click continue and receive the "We're sorry, we're having technical difficulties at the moment. Please try again later." message. The Add Account window in Quicken is still waiting for the successful sign-in on the bank-hosted form and I have to click "Cancel" there.

I'm using Chrome, no popup blockers or VPN, and I've paused my antivirus. I'd be happy to try using Edge if you can tell me how to change the setting in Quicken to use that - the link from the Add Account window automatically opens in Chrome.

Edit: I changed my default browser settings for the whole computer and that allowed Quicken to use Edge. I have now been able to add my accounts - so it seems the issue lies somewhere within Chrome?

This discussion has been closed.