Adding Quicken to new computer

Options

Been a Quicken user for decades, and have installed and migrated to new computers MANY times…this one is a NIGHTMARE. Old system was Win10, new is Win11. Migration went beautifully UNTIL I tried to open my Quicken (Home, Business, and Rental). I put in my credentials (accurate to the Quicken website) and I keep getting a popup window telling me my credentials don't match (they do!) and insisting I purchase license (my current license is good through October as I recall…so I don't want to purchase now! I've tried using the "security code" process, it requires I change my password, I change it, it confirms I changed it, I try to login again with the new password and AGAIN it insists I must be a "new user" and must purchase a license. Even when logged in on the Quicken site, when I click "My order history" it takes me back to the same page "Welcome to your Account". This is beyond frustrating! Any suggestions????

By the way, when I click on the Quicken icon on my computer, it does seem to load (I can see my data for 1-2 seconds and then the window telling me my credentials don't match appears again! I'm not a newbie to either Quicken or computers in general…there must be something I'm missing…or Quicken is missing!

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmmmm…..that seems odd. You might want to try uninstalling Quicken. Then log into your online Quicken.com account, download a fresh copy of the installation file from there and then instal that. Doing it this way should allow you to open Quicken without needing to sign in.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you going through Edit→Preferences→Quicken Id to login to a different Id, if not, try that process.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

where are you located ?
    do you use a VPN ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.