Navy Federal Credit Union FDP-106 (QMAC)

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Navy Federal 2FA.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Stephen B,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend backing up your file and following the troubleshooting steps from this article.

Thank you!

(Ticket #: 9807272)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Issues with Navy Federal just started happening for me on 5/16/23… this week… what is going on? Can someone please elaborate on when a fix or solution will be available? Thank you!!!! [Edited-Readability]

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Stephen B

Can you provide some additional information on what you are experiencing and seeing (i.e. exactly what do you mean by "issues")? And specifically whether there are error codes. Did you receive any messages from NFCU

The more data you can provide, the better we can understand the issue(s) and hopefully help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    Options

An unexpected error occurred.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-106

Details:
    ACCOUNT_MISMATCH
    Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106

• Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    Options

And I sent an error report yesterday…

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again Stephen B

I have seen a number of recent posts indication the "FDP-106" error code, and they seem to involve many different financial institutions. I know that isn't much help, but it is good that you've submitted the report, because those errors apparently need to be handled by Quicken techs.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Stephen B,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend backing up your file and following the troubleshooting steps from this article.

Thank you!

(Ticket #: 9807272)

Quicken Kristina

• Desmond Walker
    Options

Leaving a comment to share that I have the same experience since 5/6/23. My transactions stopped downloading for my Everyday Checking account. My loans and credit cards are still updating. Please fix ASAP.

• Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Kristina or Quicken Kristina--did the above and no change... still 106 error
  • SeaAV8r
    SeaAV8r Member
    Options

Started having this issue on 5/19/23. All troubleshooting steps (with the exception of deleting pref or keychain files) have not helped. All other non-NFCU accounts working fine.

• Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still with same error... and interesting that my annual subscription just renewed... not happy...
  • Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still no change @Kristina ... any update?
  • Forane
    Forane Member
    Options

This situation is, from my perspective, the same as was happening with USAA.

Why would I encourage ANYONE to buy Quicken?

I try to avoid stepping in things like this when I walk through a pasture.

• Alli1045
    Alli1045 Member
    Options

Same issue with MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. And now the extra bonus? The application freezes and you have to force quit. Come on Quicken - you can and must do better. Anyone else have a suggestion for an alternative software?

• Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Kristina @Quicken Anja @Quicken Jasmine [Removed - Alumni Tags] ... still same Error Code... come on, anyone have an update at least... @Customer service???

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Stephen B,

For updates, please refer to the Community Alert previously provided above by @Quicken Kristina as any and all available updates and information will be provided within the Alert as they become available.

We do not have any further information available beyond what has already been posted in the Alert.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Scott Leberknight
    Scott Leberknight Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been having the same Navy Federal download issues since about May 17. This weekend I started getting errors saying that "Connection to Navy Federal Credit Union is unavailable right now" with error code FDP-102. It would be nice to receive some kind of updates from Quicken on a regular basis (maybe once a day) even if to say it is still being worked on. Like many people here, we rely on Quicken and really need some insight into when this will be fixed.
  • Magg LeBlanc
    Magg LeBlanc Member
    Options

I just tried to set up my Navy Fed account and get the following:

Please try again later.

Details:
    ACCOUNT_MISMATCH
    Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106

I get the text message for TFA and input it and the above is the message I get. It will not let me add the accounts.

I have used Quicken earlier this year for another account with Navy Fed and did not have this issue. Please advise

• carl
    carl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Also have had issues downloading my NFCU accounts with the same message others have posted:

"Please try again later.

Details:
    ACCOUNT_MISMATCH
    Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106"

This is going on a couple of weeks now. Tried the posted remedies and no luck. Everything worked fine before and all other accounts are working.

We need a fix for this this ASAP. This has been going on too long.
  • smellycouch
    smellycouch Member
    Options

Having the same issues as all those mentioned above for a few weeks.

Error code FDP-106.

• jjdco
    jjdco Member
    Options

I finally got it to work. Navy Federal is requiring everyone to access their accounts differently now. NFCU wants you to create a username that is different from the access code that you have been using.

After you login using the new username, quicken will ask you if you want to change your existing access-code based account to the new username based account. Once you give them permission to do so, then you will be able to download your transactions again.

• dmkindley
    dmkindley Member
    Options

I have changed all user names on NFCU and then even deleted all accounts from Quicken and am now trying to add the accounts back to Quicken. Connection still cannot be made with NFCU. Any advice out there?

• carl
    carl Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @jjdco said:
    > I finally got it to work. Navy Federal is requiring everyone to access their accounts differently now. NFCU wants you to create a username that is different from the access code that you have been using.
    >
    > After you login using the new username, quicken will ask you if you want to change your existing access-code based account to the new username based account. Once you give them permission to do so, then you will be able to download your transactions again.

This seemed like a logical solution as I was still using my access number for the username. I went on their website and created a username. However, I still cannot get Quicken to connect to the accounts after doing so. I even scrubbed the logins from the keychain files and tried multiple times.

I was never prompted to change the access code account to the username account. No matter what I try I cannot get it to even see my accounts when trying to Add Accounts in Quicken.

This is so frustrating.

Any other ideas? I feel like I am closer but it is still broken.
  • Stephen B
    Stephen B Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am likewise still stuck... for those that got it to work... any thoughts?
  • jjdco
    jjdco Member
    Options

If you have not already done so, go to the Navy Federal website and create a username that is different from your access code.

Then, in Quicken, start the process to update your transactions as you normally would. You will receive an error message such as the dreaded 106 error. It will ask if you want to reconnect your account. Here is where you can log in with the username that you just created.

You will get an error message for each account asking if you want to replace the account information. Reply "yes" for each account, and you should be OK from that point on. Remember to replace the access code with the username each time it asks you to log in. There are at least 3 different systems that need to be updated, Quicken, Navy Federal, and the 3rd party verification service between Quicken and NFCU.

• Scott Leberknight
    Scott Leberknight Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I have had a separate username for several years now, so I'm not sure why that's news to so many people. Anyway, even with the username, I continue getting MFA errors, and either don't receive the security code, or it says "MFA error". So, while some people might be "fixed", at least some still aren't and it doesn't seem like this problem has really been resolved. Oh, and the overall error code continues to be FI_TIMEOUT (FDP-102), which is weird -- which is the problem? the MFA error or the timeout?
  • Scott Leberknight
    Options
    Apparently I posted too soon. I just tried again to disconnect my accounts and re-connect them, and (even though I didn't do anything different than my previous attempts over the past few weeks), this time I was able to reconnect all our accounts successfully. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe, just maybe, they just fixed the issue -- I hope that's the case. So maybe try disconnecting and re-connecting your accounts one more time...
  • Bjammin62
    Bjammin62 Member
    Options

This is the error message I have been receiving for the last two weeks. Any update as to when this will be fixed?

This connection failed, and will not update:

Navy Federal Credit Union(borderchap62) - Connection to institution timed out.  Please try again.

To retry the failed connection, you'll need to start a new update.

Timeout errors are frequently caused by institutions that are experiencing unusual load or blocking connections during peak times.  In these cases, you should try again later.

Thanks,

Benjamin Wetherill

• Scott Leberknight
    Options
    Benjamin, did you read my comments about getting it to work by completely disconnecting your accounts, then reconnecting them? Before doing that, I made a backup of my QDATA file, so suggest doing that first. As of now, it is still working for me after reconnecting the accounts.
  • prettykoolchick
    prettykoolchick Member ✭✭
    Options
    Im on week 4 of not being able to download ANYTHING, with ZERO help from support so finally cancelled my subscription of 5 years, switching to CountAbout
  • prettykoolchick
    prettykoolchick Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried EVERYTHING over again this morning just for fun, now everything downloads except checking account.....this is a joke
This discussion has been closed.