AMEX Reauthorization Multiple Times

Options
CBarb
CBarb Member

I have two AMEX cards and since the recent change in the AMEX connectivity, every time I download my recent transactions, Quicken requires me to reauthorize the accounts. This is a timely and distracting process. I called the support desk today and they told me they are aware of this issue but do not have a solution and I should wait. How is it that Quicken changed the AMEX authorization process without resolving this issue? When will there be a solution? It is not reasonable for me to have to do the reauthorization process every time I download my transactions (which is multiple times per week).

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @CBarb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, are you getting a message like the sample image below every time you try to update your accounts?

If you are getting a screen like this, take note of the account names it is showing, since those are the accounts it thinks are not yet on the updated connection. Go to Tools>Account List. If you have hidden accounts, you will have a checkbox at the lower left that you can use to make them visible. Do you have any American Express accounts that match the names it showed on the reauthorization screen? Are they accounts that are currently active, or are they inactive/closed accounts that still think they're connected in Quicken? If the accounts are inactive/closed, then please backup your Quicken file and deactivate the accounts. Once that is done, test to see if the issue reoccurs.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CBarb
    CBarb Member
    Options

I have two active AMEX accounts. Both are currently in use so I would not want to deactivate them. How do you suggest I resolve this problem? Thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you have verified there are no other accounts trying to connect to American Express, then I would recommend you backup your file, deactivate your American Express accounts, then reconnect them by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts. When you finish the authorization process and are back in your Quicken, you should see an Add/Link screen (sample image below).

You will want to make sure it shows "Link to existing…" for the action and shows the correct nickname in Quicken for each account to be linking to. If it is showing incorrect information, you can click the action dropdown, select Link to existing, and select the nickname to link each account to.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.