What Pre-Paid debit cards support Quicken to download transactions

Maurice19
Maurice19 Member

The debit card I use, it turns out, does not support connecting to Quicken for automatic updates to accounts. Can anyone suggest a pre-paid debi card that has worked veery well for them, including with Quicken?

My AmEx BlueBird card has been a terrific and trouble free card for several years (the only exception that you can't add more than $1,000 dollars a month by debit card). But, they don't support Quicken transfers.

Any suggestions? I use this card to insulate my main bank account from my daily small transactions. I have used Green Dot and Netspend in the past (not with Quicken), But, they have been problematic.

Thank You, Maurice

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Maurice19,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. For cards that do not support downloads into Quicken, you are still able to create an offline account and manually track transactions (Tools>Add Account, select the Offline Account tab, then click the appropriate account type and follow the prompts. Most prepaid debit cards function like a Checking account, so checking would probably be the best choice).

If you're trying to find out which financial institutions support automatic downloads into Quicken for their prepaid cards, the simplest way to find out would be to ask the financial institution while researching the other benefits of the card.

I notice you mention Quicken transfers. Are you specifically looking for financial institutions that support Direct Connect (which is what allows you to send instructions to the financial institution through Quicken)? If you are specifically looking for that kind of functionality, this list shows which financial institutions currently support it. However, be advised that financial institutions are starting to transition to new, standardized protocols that do not support Direct Connect. There is no guarantee how long those listed financial institutions will choose to continue supporting it. US Bank shows up on that list, but is currently transitioning away from Direct Connect.

I hope this helps.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.