Slower and slower.......................................................

Options
brewtoo64
brewtoo64 Member, Windows Beta Beta

I've used Quicken for decades. It just gets slower and slower. No, it is not my computer, One-Step updates have gotten painfully slow. The whole experience is sluggish. [Edited-Readability] Quicken is now the slowest software I use, by far. What's the deal? The more the price goes up the slower Quicken gets?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @brewtoo64,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did the issue start happening?  Are you getting any error messages? If so, what error messages and/or codes are you seeing? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Also, if it is just One Step Update being extremely slow, has anything changed with your network configuration? Have you started using a VPN, or were there any changes/updates to a firewall or anti-virus you use? Did you recently replace your router? Another thing that can sometimes slow down One Step Update is if you have inactive or closed accounts that are still trying to connect. You can check that by going to Tools>Account List. If you have any hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox at the lower left that you can select to make them visible.

When you review your Account List, anything with the word "yes" in the Transaction Download column thinks that it is connected.

If you see accounts which are inactive or closed that have "yes" in that column, then you would want to backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.