Help for long transaction download time?

Options
bethwr
bethwr Member ✭✭✭
I'm a Quicken user since 1994. Have been Mac for 10+ years. Using Quicken Deluxe 7.0.4.

Ever since the last penultimate update, it has been taking about three minutes for my transactions to download. It used to take about 15 seconds to complete the downloads.

Anything I can check to see what's going on? It's really frustrating. . .

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bethwr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If so, that can lead to extra delay since it often means its having trouble communicating or unable to connect to one or more financial institutions.

Another thing that can make the download take longer is if you have any inactive or closed accounts that are still connected in Quicken. To check that, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Any account that lists a financial institution in the Financial Institution column thinks that it is connected.

If you have any inactive or closed accounts that are still connected, I would recommend that you backup your Quicken file, then disconnect those accounts.

Since you mentioned this behavior started right after an update, if there are no error messages and the troubleshooting above does not resolve the issue, the next troubleshooting step would be restoring a backup from before the problem started.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ideo
    ideo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Closing/Hiding unused accounts solved this issue. Thank you!
  • bethwr
    bethwr Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't opened or closed any accounts since this issue began. I'm not going to restore a back up from months ago, that just doesn't make sense - it would take an incredible amount of time to re-enter all of the manual transactions that I have to do.
This discussion has been closed.