Why won't Quicken Download from Navy Federal Credit Union?

Options

Answers

• jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Geobrick said:

> For others still having problems, try an account reset again now that it's working. I know I tried all kinds of things during the time is wasn't working and that may have messed things up but it seems to be working for me now.

I disconnected my link, so no reset for me. I tried to reconnect and still errored out :(
  • Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm using Quicken Premier for Windows version R50.8 build: 27.1.50.8.

I had some initial issues during my attempts to get it working. I have 2 different logins covering about 6 different accounts at NFCU (some, where an account overlaps logins because my checking account is a joint account or I have some Trust accounts I manage in a completely separate Quicken File (but share the same login credentials to access them). It's a complex situation and it confuses things when an account reset starts suggesting I add accounts already linked to the other login or other file. I don't think I've ever gone more than 6 months without some issue related to keeping everything synced up.

As of now, all my various NFCU accounts with separate logins and in separate quicken files are downloading correctly. Though I haven't tried it today.

• Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    Options

I deleted all my NFCU accounts from Quicken for Mac. Still getting the same error when I tried to add them. How is this even possible? How can I get an account not found error, when I had to successfully complete login and 2FA to get this this point?

An unexpected error occurred.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-106

Details:
    ACCOUNT_MISMATCH
    Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106

• chargedbird
    chargedbird Member ✭✭
    Options

as of today, 6/23/23, unable to add any NFCU accounts, I get prompted for user name and password (for NFCU) I give them that info, get a prompt where to receive the six digit code, I get the six digit code, input the code, wait a few seconds and get the error unable to connect. What is weird is that on my account I get the error " Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault). On my wife account, the error code is CC-501, unable to connect. So is the problem with Quicken or with NFCU??

• earl1952
    earl1952 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having the same exact issue for the last 3 weeks. I called the techs and they claim they are working on the issue.

• Kmeeker1121
    Kmeeker1121 Member
    Options

June 25, 2023: I'm on week #6 of Quicken not working. Windows 10 and Quicken are up to date. I have deleted the entire program and reinstalled multiple times, in addition to deleting all accounts with Navy Federal Credit Union, both importing via Quicken through the NFCU account website and manually entering all my transactions from the beginning of the year. Still will not update, nor can I do a reset. Nothing at all is working with no help or resolution. I continue to get the error "Sorry, we encountered an error (it's not your fault). Who's fault is it and how much longer before this is going to be resolved ? I think I should be compensated for paying the annual fee, but yet, I have put in so many hours trying everything I know to attempt to get it working to no avail. I've been using Quicken for years and have never had an issue like this before, but I am beyond frustrated and losing my patience now. I have family members who are not have any issues at all so what is going on? I'm ready to look for another program and request a reimbursement of my annual fee.

• grfxdoc@gmail.com
    Options

Could not connect to Navy Fed through Quicken this morning. Can go directly though. keep getting error messages. I guess I'll wait a day or two.

• RichS88
    RichS88 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same here - getting this error every time I try to update: ACCOUNT_MISMATCH Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106

What the heck is going on here Quicken Team? I wad hoping that one day you'd have a viable solution for the Two Factor Authentication situation but not working at all after I have to entire in this 6-digit PIN repeatedly is not acceptable. Please update us with ETA for fix ASAP. Thank you! I have 9 accounts with NFCU and going pure manual is not an option. I should add that I am on MAC version and I know this is a Windows section but I think this applies universally.

• dstrbdbyu
    dstrbdbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having this problem, continued for a few weeks now. We rely on this and pay for this annually to stay on top of our finances. Is there a proposed time frame for fixing this issue? Or should I find another program for our finances?

• chargedbird
    chargedbird Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey all, I successfully added all my NFCU accounts yesterday. Its been 48 hours with NO One Step Update errors. Hopefully y'all are able to to use OSU now.

• earl1952
    earl1952 Member ✭✭
    Options

What is Quicken doing to solve this problem?

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @earl1952

Are you seeing an error code - if so which one? Can you also let us know which release of Quicken you are running and whether your issues may have started with your most recent update?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Scott Leberknight
    Options

My NFCU account update had been working for a week or two, but this morning I'm back to getting:

Error FDP-106 (ACCOUNT_MISMATCH -  Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106)

• Scott Leberknight
    Options

So, after getting Error FDP-106 again, I disconnected all NFCU accounts, and then re-connected them successfully. While this is great, it is absurd to constantly have to do this. It really is amazing that Quicken can't post any kind of announcements or something regarding the ongoing issues with Navy Federal accounts.

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I posted on June 10th that it started working for me and followed up on June 14th that it was still working but last weekend it stopped working again. I checked again mid-week and it wouldn't work. It ran through the 2FA process, but nothing downloaded even though I could see transactions when I logged into the account.

I tried a reset and that's when it gets strange. I have several NFCU accounts. Savings, Checking, Money Markets, Certificates, Mortgage and a few Credit Card Accounts. I also have 2 Trust accounts I manage in a separate Quicken file (though they are available to me under my main log-in credentials).

During a reset Quicken finds a lot of the accounts including past mortgage (pre refi) and old car loan accounts. I typically select "ignore in quicken" for anything I'm not managing. The problem is that during the reset it didn't find all the active accounts. My main checking account for example.

I then tried deactivating online access and setting them up again. It didn't help. Some accounts were there and several were missing. I restarted Quicken and tried again. This time my checking, savings and one of my credit cards showed up but several were missing.

I'm going to look at the Quicken account list to make sure there are no old or hidden NFCU accounts still being linked for online access.

• marone138
    marone138 Member ✭✭
    Options

Please fix the connection issue to NFCU!!!!!!. It has not been reliable for the last 6 months.

This is absolutely crazy. I thought I had this fixed a couple of weeks ago. I delinked all of my NFCU accounts …relinked with 2FA and finally got everything to download. Then I go to update my account on July 3rd and every account except the checking account would download the transactions. The status below the account name at the top of the register even said it was connected with "Express Web Connect" for the right Date Time Group. When nothing would download after 3 attempts with restarts of the application, I delinked the Checking account. After two attempts it finally saw the checking account and I linked it. Transactions finally downloaded, but this is crazy that I have to delink each time to get it to work. I also tried to manually import transactions using a QFX file and the app said there were zero transactions to import. Bunch of BS.

I am seriously considering moving off of Quicken after 20 + years if this does not get straighten out. My renewal is up in the fall and I might pull the plug.

Sincerely,

Frustrated 20+ year quicken user.

• jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options

Although I have a stable connection currently, I feel your pain. If you find a viable solution for another software, please let us know. I can't find anything comparable that is not owned by Intuit.

Good Luck

• Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    Options

After nearly 2 months, my connection to NFCU is working normally again. I did delete all my accounts a few weeks ago. Was gone for a week, decided to give it a try tonight. Was able to add my accounts back in to Quicken and perform routine transaction update. I am a Quicken for Mac user, (but used Quicken for Windows up until last year) but this problem was across all platforms. Interestingly, my sister, also a Quicken for Mac user, never had any issue with her NFCU connections for the last 2 months. She does have a newer mac and a different version of MacOS. Who knows?

• Tedster 9001
    Tedster 9001 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is absolutely UFB. Supposedly fixed - not. Randomly connects and see's some accounts, not all. Deactivate all and re-activate all, some of the accounts can linked to the previously existing accounts in Quicken, others it see's which are correct no actions can be taken with, and it defaults to "Do not add to Quicken". The ones it does let me link, goes through the update process, says its downloaded all transactions for the last n 1000's of days, yet nothing is downloaded. Nothing! This application is now officially garbage and I won't be renewing my subscription when the time is up. For the amount of time I've spent trying to make this work following Quicken's directions I could just as easily have built a spreadsheet to do the same.

Quicken you suck!

• earl1952
    earl1952 Member ✭✭
    Options

I keep getting an error code of C-501 when I try to add an account to Navy Federal Credit Union. The message is that Quicken cannot connect with the Quicken servers, not the Navy Federal servers. This has been going on for weeks. How could this take weeks to fix?

• jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options

I am back to having issues with my Business ID, but my personal ID is still working correctly. And here I thought I was past this.

• PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

It was working for about 2-3 weeks. Now back to frustration. TFA is working properly. Transactions do not download.
    The error code is CC-506.
    Quicken Deluxe, Windows 11 Enterprise, Version R50.16, Build 27.1.50.16, membership valid until 10 Jan 2024.
    My Quicken Mobile has the same issue on my iPhone 8 Plus (App Version: 6.29.0 (38.27916.4012), IOS SDK 16.5.1).

Transactions will download for Bank of America, Northpointe Bank, and all my Pershing accounts.

Does anyone from Quicken look at these messages? Just curious.

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

It's still messed up but it's inconsistent so when something works, we think it's fixed.

In all cases it successfully goes through the 2FA. After that, anything can happen.

I have several accounts with different logins. I was able to get some to reset and link but not always to every account within that specific login. Other logins go through the 2FA dance then error out with "Sorry, we encounter an error. (it's not your fault)." There's no error code displayed.

It's been broken longer than any quicken issue I can remember. I hope they're working on it because the only other options are horrible. Switching banks is always a nightmare and there's still no other software that does what quicken does and building a spreadsheet that covers what I need would be like doing my own software development with an excel UI. If quicken ever tosses it in, I'd have to give up my desire to have all my financial info in one.

• Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sigh. It was working for me for the last 2 weeks. Now has gone back to the same old problem. Yes I am on Quicken for Mac, but this problem persists across all platforms and Quicken tech support clearly does not care about fixing it.

• Oddman
    Oddman Member ✭✭
    Options

yea… worked for 2 weeks or so, and back to not working. This is so unbelievable.

• PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke to a technical support gentleman back on 14 July 2023. He said the Quicken is "aware" of the problem and have elevated the ticket.

I wish they would fix it. Are there other ways to get their attention other than leaving?

Personally, I think they should 1) fix it, and 2) provided some form of compensation for our troubles (like extending our subscription for 6 months or a year).

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It worked tonight!

I even had success getting one of my problem accounts relinked.

Let's hope the fix sticks.

• PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    Options

It worked!!! Holy COW. I was able to update on my Mobile platform (IOS, iPhone 8 Plus) yesterday, and today I updated on my Windows Desktop (Windows 11 Pro, Lenovo Thinkpad T480 with i7-8659U CPU).

I still think Quicken should show us some love for the months of difficulty.

I also hope it "sticks." :-)

• Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    Options

Working for me as of 2-3 days ago. Quicken for Mac. I did have to reconnect my accounts again.

• jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options

My personal accounts have been staying good so far. The business accounts allowed me this weekend to connect back. One word of warning. When I connect back either personal or business accounts, somehow the opening balance changes on just the checking accounts. I am connecting Checking, Savings, Credit Cards, CD's…but it seems only the checking account open balances get effected. I have a backup of my data prior to all this mess started, so I just go back to refer to that opening balance and change it back. But you may want to do the same for reference.

Now to start another useless support call with Quicken on the Line of Credit trying to be setup as a loan in the Property & Debt section instead of being a credit line in the Banking section like it used to be.

Cheers y'all,

Hope everybody gets squared away soonish.

This discussion has been closed.