Why won't Quicken Download from Navy Federal Credit Union?

Options

Answers

• Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    Options

Dear @Frankx

I am well aware of the differences between Quicken for Windows and Mac. I was a Quicken for Windows user for over 20 years. When I switched to Mac at least 10 years ago, I kept using Quicken for Windows in Parallels. Once Quicken was sold by Intuit and started putting some effort into Mac, I finally switched this year so I could quit paying for Parallels. The migration was extremely painful as attachments do not migrate. So II only moved over the last 6 months of transactions. That said, the user interface difference between to the 2 are significant and yes, Quicken for Windows is still significantly more robust and customizable. However, in only makes sense the under the hood connections to financial entities are basically the same. And this problem with Navy Federal Credit Union connectivity is a universal problem to all Quicken products. Additionally, if there is a thread about it under the Quicken For Mac forum, please let me know, because I could not find one. As you can see by all the subsequent entries in this thread the problem is still not fixed. Quicken developers and NFCU need to figure it out.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again @Brassboy77

I am sorry that you are still unable to download transactions from NFCU. I, too am a long-time Quicken user. But I'm not a programmer or software developer, so I cannot comment on whether your current connection issues are related to "under the hood connections" or not. All I know is that I am no longer seeing the recent error codes using Quicken for Windows, and my NFCU accounts are downloading properly now.

Also, I did not see a separate message thread for recent NFCU downloading problems, and since this thread is under "Quicken for Windows" you may want to start a new thread in the Mac section so that this issue gets appropriate consideration by the Forum moderators.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Kmeeker1121
    Kmeeker1121 Member
    Options

How much longer before Quicken and Navy Federal Credit Union are going to connect and update. I am unable to do anything at all!! Nothing works. I have deleted the program, reinstalled, and started over. Have spent hours every day waiting and trying everything mentioned above. I think we should be compensated and refunded for all the trouble, inconvenience, and not being able to use the program. I didn't pay for a program I cannot use. I have been using Quicken for many years. This needs to be rectified and resolved quickly. This is causing me a lot of anxiety since I'm not able to use the program for 2 weeks+.

• PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    Options
    Called customer support. Quicken is aware of "their" problem and are trying to fix it. They suggested entering transactions manually, but you can also download transactions from the NFCU website into a ".QFX" file, then uploading that information into Quicken. It's not perfect, but it's better than manual entry.

I hope they fix this soon...it's been too long.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @Kmeeker1121 and @PWillette

Can you please tell us whether you are Windows or Mac users and which version and build of Quicken you are running? Also can you please confirm which error code you are getting and tell us whether are the rest of your download accounts working normally? Any other information may help us to get to the bottom of these issues.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Oddman
    Oddman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Seeing as Quicken disabled all my NFCU accounts when I followed the "Reset Your Accounts" instructions, I now can't do anything with them. When I go to enable those accounts, Quicken says,

"Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) Quicken is having trouble connecting to Navy Federal Credit Union."

I am a programmer.

[Removed-Rant]

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I am sorry for the continued issues you are having with Navy Federal Credit Union. This issue has been reported and is still being looked into. We do not have an ETA when this will be addressed or resolved. Please stay tuned. Thank you for your patience.

(CTP-6791/Ticket #: 9807272)

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    Options
    Frankx: Windows Quicken version R49.33, Build 27.1.49.33. Error code for all NFCU accounts is CC-506. All of my other accounts (Bank of America, Northpointe Bank, Pershing) are working properly. TFA for NFCU comes up, and I receive and enter the 6-digit code each time. After entering the TFA code, this does not result in connectivity between any NFCU account and Quicken.

I'm even having issues with importing the .QFX files for the last 2-3 days. Not sure why...but none of the transactions are entered.

Sure hope this helps. Whatever was changed recently has adversely affective important functionality. Perhaps the programmers can review recent mods to the software.
  • Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is still an issue for me as well.

The Quicken alert on this topic must be from a past incident that was previously fixed. It's too old to relate to this newer issue that's maybe about 3 weeks old.

• Tedster 9001
    Tedster 9001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    FWIW and not to pile on this is now going on 3+ weeks. Quicken says they are aware and looking into it, but clearly this is not being treated as an escalated issue or it would have been fixed by now. If this were BOA it would have been fixed exactly three weeks ago.

@Quicken, what is wrong with you?
  • Scott Leberknight
    Options
    I'm also on the Mac version of this same discussion ( https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20364992 ) but just yesterday I actually had success by first disconnecting all my NFCU accounts completely in Quicken (I had to do into each one individually and disconnect, not sure if the Windows version makes you do the same). Then I reconnected one of them, and got a screen which showed all my accounts. It provided the ability to Link the accounts found in NFCU to the accounts in Quicken. Fortunately, they were all already linked. Once I did this, I then received the MFA challenge, selected email, and I then finally received an email with security code. And last, I entered the security code and it worked.

On the Mac forum, apparently some people were still using their NFCU access numbers for logging in, and this needs to be changed to use a username that you select. You do this by login to NFCU's website directly. Some people had success after changing to use a username. I was already using a username, but for whatever reason yesterday worked when disconnecting and then reconnecting the accounts. It seems, however, that some other people did not have success doing that, but I did yesterday. I have no idea if I just got lucky or if they actually fixed this, since no one from Quicken has posted about a fix (in either the Windows or Mac discussion). Hopefully it will continue to work...and maybe others can try this again and get it to work.
  • PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    So, today, I was able to connect my NFCU checking account, but I'm still unable to connect to ALL of my NFCU accounts. Even after 5 attempts. There was a new error code (CC-506). TFA came up...code was sent to my phone, I entered the code, but no luck. It wants to disconnect all my NFCU accounts.

Can you please fix the issue....please. :-(
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can we get confirmation from Quicken Support that the connectivity to NFCU has been restored? I attempted connection of both my personal and business accounts and neither connect properly. So I'd like to know if the issue is localized to me or if the issue is still outstanding across the board.

Cheers
  • Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not fixed for me. Tried again today. Same error as the last 3 weeks. Quicken for Mac. All current.
  • PWillette
    PWillette Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually, I am NOT able to connect. I update my post above. Quicken for Windows.
  • Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Has anyone contacted quicken or Navy Federal to find out if they're doing anything to resolve this problem?

I've unticked my NFCU accounts from One Step Update because it's been a waste of time going through all the 2 factor authentication steps to accomplish nothing. I'd like to see a confirmation of a fix before I try again. In the meantime, I've been downloading qfx files as needed for each account.

If manual downloads are our future, I'll eventually have to go back to elaborate spreadsheets to manage money (no other commercial product that I've looked into recently seems to do everything Quicken can). In the meantime, I've got several months left on my subscription to hope for a fix.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, We are still looking into this. If you have not already, can you please let me know if you are going through the 2-factor authentication process, if you are using email or text? I would to give the devs more updated information. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use 2FA thru text
  • Jay P
    Jay P Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I use Windows 10 Quicken and One-step update for many different financial institutions. The only two that require 2FA every, single, stinkin' time is Navy Federal CU and Kohl's. Of those two, Navy Fed, gives the vast majority of headaches, so much so that I have started planning how I'm going to move funds over to other accounts and deactivate NFCU. It wasn't just Quicken where I saw issues, but website password update issues, messaging within the Android app, passcodes stopped going through email for a spell--all the while, the call center seemed to be unaware that there were problems.

I understand that a credit union may not have the resources for fancy upgrades, and I also realize that Quicken is a dinosaur that may not be utilized by the majority, but this seems to be a set of problems that should have been addressed years ago.

Speaking of moving away from defective services, for years, I've longed for a replacement for the dino, known as Quicken. I have a tolerate-slash-distain for Quicken. It's clunky all around, but I keep hitting it with a hammer, and the rust-bucket moves me down a half-mile until it breaks down again...yet these days, I have to pay each year to keep it alive.
  • Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Jay P: This credit union should have the resources. NFCU is the biggest credit union in the USA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Federal_Credit_Union but I completely agree with you on your other points. I have one other institution that requires 2FA every time. Pain in the neck. But NFCU web interface has always been kind of lame compared to most banks.

Quicken Janean: 2FA works for me email or txt. For the first week or 2 of this problem, only email worked. Before the problems started, I used text 2FA all the time.

This is with Quicken For Mac.
  • michael.osterhoudt
    Options

@Quicken Janean

Quicken sees my accounts at NFCU but will not download new transactions.

What's the fix to the problem?

• michael.osterhoudt
    Options

Looks like it stopped downloading new transactions on 24 May 2023.

• jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I know this is why I pay for my yearly subscription. The responsiveness and excellence in customer service...NOT!!!
  • Brassboy77
    Brassboy77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jmclagan said:
    > I know this is why I pay for my yearly subscription. The responsiveness and excellence in customer service...NOT!!!

I feel the same way.
  • Tedster 9001
    Tedster 9001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Janean - 2FA thru text. Still broken. As others have said, if we're relegated to downloading manually, what's the value? Why pay?
  • Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Downloads worked for me today!

I was going to respond to 'Quicken Jonean' about which 2FA method I use but decided to try it before I respond.
    It worked. I received transactions back to 6/1/2023 (I downloaded a qfx file on 6/1 so I already had the older missing transactions).

Hopefully it's working for everyone again.

• marone138
    marone138 Member ✭✭
    Options

Windows Quicken / On Parallels for several years. I have been having the same problems listed above for several months. I have deactivated the online connection several times and gone through numerous 2FA authentications within a session. Finally this morning after 5 straight attempts I got 18days of downloaded transactions for the checking account.

Issues I experience:

1. Multiple 2FA attempts in a single session to get any transactions to download. This is extremely frustrating and time consuming. Also, it never fails but the Money Market Account does not want to update.
    2. When you deactivate and link back into NFCU to match the NFCU account with the common name Quicken account, every time it does not show a the drop down action for each account. I have all of the account numbers listed in the Quicken
    3. For the accounts that it gives you the option to link it generally does not see the quicken account to link. Once I said "ok" and added the account and now I had two Car Loan accounts and could not reconcile them together. So I lost all of the original TX information.

I have been a quicken user since mid 90's and there has always been an issue with Navy Federal Credit Union and Quicken. Every few years the systems don't connect and it takes months to resolve. My other banks don't nearly give me this much of issue, but when NFCU is your primary bank its very frustrating.

Note … since I pay a subscription fee for Quicken and as the "number 1" home accounting software, I expect you to fix these issues in a timely manner … ie within at least a week. Not months!!

As

• Beth Wetherbee
    Beth Wetherbee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please get this fixed! It's been months! I have over 10 accounts at NFCU and downloading the QFX file for each one is tedious and time-consuming. Neither e-mail or text MFA work.
  • jmclagan
    jmclagan Member ✭✭
    Options
    This morning I connected back my Business accounts successfully which in the past few months has refused connection completely. I closed the file and reopened it and did a OSU again and it didn't ask for my 2FA, so I am skeptical that the issue is truly fixed as history dictates EVERY OSU requires another 2FA token. Further, i noticed when I connect my accounts back, it is also updating my Beginning Balance in these accounts that are connected. Not sure why it would do that, especially because my beginning balance is in December of 2014, but thankfully I have a backup file to go look at what the correct beginning balance should be so I can edit it back to the proper dollar amount.

As for my Personal Accounts with NFCU. I started connecting them and the list that came up with only 2 out of my 6 accounts in the connection list. I bailed on that one and decided to just see how the business side goes for a bit before tempting fate. The other windmill i have some tilting to do with Quicken is in regards to the NavChek Line of Credit. We used to be able to relink this to a "Credit" type account in Quicken. Since this issue started, now the only option is that it is a Loan and we can only Add or Ignore the account to Quicken. So that means everytime we have connection issues and remove our connection and set it back up, we need to create a new account within Quicken and close the account that is our existing LOC? I've chosen to just ignore downloading my LOC because I want to reconnect it to the "Credit" account up in Banking, not have a disparate account down under Property & Debt that will need to be maintained in a much more cumbersome fashion when we have connection issues.

Just throwing that tidbit out there. When all this nightmare is truly fixed, then i'll Don Quixote the hell out of that issue. But as it stands currently, it appears your mileage may vary on the initial connection. But don't hold out hope its 100% yet. If its not asking for a 2FA code each and every OSU, then its a clear indication that it truly is not fixed yet.

Good Luck to all of us in this frustrating endeavor to stay on top of our finances.
  • Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's still working for me since my last post on June 10th. I have several NFCU accounts in 2 separate Quicken files and they have been working over the last 2 days.

For others still having problems, try an account reset again now that it's working. I know I tried all kinds of things during the time is wasn't working and that may have messed things up but it seems to be working for me now.

This discussion has been closed.