Why Does Quicken Automatically Change the Name of Payee

Options

I had a payment to The Atlantic, which is a magazine. I downloaded this charge from my bank which named it The Atlantic, but Quicken changed the name to The Atlantic City. It took quite some time and much emotional expense before we figured out that Quicken had assumed The Atlantic meant The Atlantic City! Stupid! [Edited-Readability] Only shows that some programs as some people are not as smart as they think they are! Why do they make these assumptions when the information given them is clear. This is [Removed-Language] annoying! Anyone else have such a complaint?

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @rabing,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you do not want Quicken to automatically change payee names, you can turn that feature off by going to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions, unchecking the "Automatically apply Quicken's suggest name to payee" option, and click OK.

You would also want to check the renaming rules section to make sure that it didn't learn any unwanted rules, or to just turn that feature off.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.