Woodforest Bank

The last time we were able to download to Quicken from the bank was May 5. Still to this day, May 23, nothing has improved. I'm told to check the 'community', looks like nothing is being done here either, the only post is dated 5/20/2023. All I get is the run around and I have spent several hours on the phone, patiently, attempting to get this matter reconciled. Still, nothing. After 20+ years as a Quicken user, we are questioning if it is still a viable expense. So, dear Quicken folks, please get your act together and get this straightened out.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @RaeMar,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket # 10236191, CTP-6747)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

While you're waiting for this issue to get resolved, does the bank allow you to download Quicken-compatible (QFX) files with transactions, either for one monthly statement or a specified date range?
    If so, you can try to import this file into Quicken to catch up on your transactions.
    If the import process insists on creating a new bank account (because the current one is still activated for downloading with One Step Update), allow this new account register to be created.
    When done importing, select the transactions you really need (all except Opening Balance transaction and obvious duplicates already in the active account register),
    highlight them,
    right-click a highlighted transaction,
    select "Move transactions" from the popup,
    select the active account register
    and all these transactions are now available in the active account for further review, categorization, etc.

• Appleberry
    Appleberry Member

Importing from the bank's website with QFX files works. Nothing inside Quicken does. Neither in QUD or directly when editing the account. Quicken sends you to the bank's website and after you enter the proper credentials, it attempts to locate accounts at the bank. However, it doesn't work. This problem has been going on now for approximately 30 days.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you discussed this issue with the bank's upper level management? What's their official position on allowing third party data aggregators like Quicken and Intuit Inc. access to their systems?

• Appleberry
    Appleberry Member

I have not talked with upper management at Woodforest, but I have spoken with support people strongly suggesting that they coordinate with Quicken. I had always been able to download from within Quicken until recently. None of my other bank accounts at other institutions are suffering from this problem.

This discussion has been closed.