Wrong Transactions Downloading Into PNC Accounts

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: PNC new connection method.

Comments

• McPerl
    McPerl Member
    Options

I have 2 separate Quicken files and both files include bank accounts at PNC Bank. With this new connection method established with the appropriate bank accounts for the separate Quicken files I am seeing incorrect transactions downloaded into wrong files. This was never the case before this new connection method. It appears to me that Quicken developers did not consider this scenario. Please fix this issue quickly

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @McPerl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If incorrect transactions are downloading into your accounts, the first thing to check is to make sure the correct account is connected in Quicken. To do that, go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to an account that is downloading wrong information. On the right hand side of the General tab, it will show you the financial institution name and the last 4 digits of the account number. Repeat that process for each affected account.

If the correct accounts are connected and the wrong transactions are downloading, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

If incorrect accounts are connected, there are a couple options.

1. If you have a lot of transactions in the wrong places and it would take a lot of work to correct, it would be simpler to restore a backup from before the issue started, then go through the reauthorization process in the newly restored file. When reconnecting the accounts after the authorization is successful, check to make sure Quicken is seeing the correct action (Link to existing) and is seeing the correct nickname in Quicken to link to. If it is seeing incorrect information, you can click the action dropdown, select Link to existing, then select the correct nickname in Quicken.
    2. If you have already cleaned up the transactions in the wrong places and just need the accounts connected correctly, you would want to backup your Quicken file, then deactivate the incorrectly connected accounts. Once that is done, you can reconnect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account and following the prompts. After completing the authorization, make sure that Quicken is seeing the correct Action and Nickname in Quicken (see sample image above).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.