Editing recurring Paycheck issue

Options

One of my deductions changed and I went in to edit all future paychecks in the bills and income reminders tab. When I go into it it brings me a regular spilt window, not the paycheck view like it used to. Also, some of my changes don't seem to remain such as FICA. I have maxed out for the year so I changed to $0 an saved yet it still shows th eold amount.

_________________________________________________Using Quicken Deluxe R50.8 Build 27.1.50.8 USA

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-7203)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• C
    C Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just noticed the same issue. Very annoying.
  • boomer_1970
    boomer_1970 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Bumping this up. [Edited - Readability]

_________________________________________________Using Quicken Deluxe R50.8 Build 27.1.50.8 USA

• El Chupacabra
    El Chupacabra Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Bump! I lost all my history on this paycheck.

Same thing for me. I thought the easy fix would be to delete screwed up reminder and rebuild the paycheck. I deleted the reminder, synced to the cloud, then recreated the paycheck starting on the date where it left off.

I then noticed ALL of the split deposits to a separate checking account were deleted, and all of the primary account deposits were changed to just one category… the net sum income of the deposit. I lost all of the tax, 401k, FSA, and insurance splits.

Thankfully I had just made a backup or this would have been a huge disaster. These continued problems with transaction reminders are getting old Quicken!!!

[Edited - Readability]

• El Chupacabra
    El Chupacabra Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm on R50.16

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did these issues first start? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when you first noticed the issue? If these unwanted behaviors for paycheck reminders are happening repeatedly (and not just a one-off occurrence), please try turning off Cloud Sync and see if that prevents the issue from happening again.

Please follow the instructions provided below to turn off Cloud Sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences 
    3. Mobile & Web 
    4. Turn Sync OFF

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• cbrust.00
    cbrust.00 Member
    Options

I too am experiencing this issue. I don't know when it started because editing a paycheck's default income reminder settings isn't something I do all the frequently. I probably last did such an edit 4-6 months ago.

It is as if it is forgetting that it is a a paycheck. I've seen similar loss of configuration with other reminders where they were set to be online bill pay but lose that info and just become simple reminders. As a result, when they get entered, they don't generate the online bill pay instruction, but just get recorded in the register and the payment doesn't get made.

Basic stuff seems to be getting broken!

• TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    Options

With Cloud Sync turned off, the following chronic issue remains today with the Paycheck Wizard in R50.16 :

In the 'Edit 401(k) Deduction' window, do the following:

Set Account to your 401k account

Set contribution to $0.00

Set Employer Match to some amount > $0.00

Click OK and then click Done to close the 'Edit Future Paychecks' window. Open back up the 'Edit Future Paychecks' and observe how the 'Category/Account' has been changed from your 401k account back to the Checking account from which the paycheck is coming. Then click open the 'Edit 401(k) Deduction' window and observe how the Account field is 'blank'.

A chronic mess since Quicken messed with the Roth 401k "feature".

• Quicken Kristina
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-7203)

Quicken Kristina

• alyssastorey
    alyssastorey Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have experienced a similar paycheck problem where previous and future paychecks (set up with the Wizard) no longer have the split details. I am running Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property.

I went back into the backup files and noticed that the problem happened with R50.16. I restored the backup from the R50.15 version (July 5 in my case), and the spit has returned. I am planning on reloading the data from 7/5/23 - current to keep the paycheck detail.

I have had to recreate my paycheck numerous times over the years. [Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• Mark Niles
    Mark Niles Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issues as previously reported. No split window available to edit when "Edit this and all future instances" is selected for a paycheck. Deleted and added paycheck with same result, unable to edit split lines (none shown). Attached file shows result when "Edit this and all future instances" is selected for paycheck.

Windows 11 Pro, Quicken Premier R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12.

Same result if I use backup on C: drive or NAS. Started with 50.16. Please fix the issue as this is incredibly annoying.

• JBAH
    JBAH Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem: can't edit future paychecks. Cloud Sync is turned off. This has been going on for several weeks.

• christyrw
    christyrw Member
    Options

Add me to the list of people having this issue

• jdcq
    jdcq Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Also still seeing this issue. Posting here for future Internet searchers.

• MES83
    MES83 Member ✭✭
    Options

Totally agree with this as I'm having the exact same problem. Plus, the paycheck doesn't show up in the list on Manage Bills and Income. What is going on here? And how did this not get caught in the regression testing for any update?

When will this be fixed? Quickly I hope as this is a really painful bug….

• jdcq
    jdcq Member ✭✭
    Options

There's an additional symptom for me — When I [Enter] an Income Reminder, the reminder is not removed from the list under Bill and Income Reminders. I have to manually skip it to remove it.

• wilbates
    wilbates Member
    Options

Yep, the split view for editing and the lingering reminder after entering a paycheck is happening over here too…

• Zilchblack
    Zilchblack Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

I think this needs to be fixed yesterday. What in the world is Quicken using for regression testing? An important feature has been REMOVED from Quicken, resulting in a reduced value proposition. Just so you know, My check amounts vary slightly as the year progresses for many reasons, so this is not a feature that is occasionally used.

I appreciate Quicken's ongoing work to improve the product; however, change is unacceptable for the sake of change. Please prioritize this and correct it before any new features are released. Consider this a bug. I am happy to provide any additional feedback your product owner or development team require.

• Zilchblack
    Zilchblack Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

EXACTLY! Perfectly expressed.

• Chris Bivens
    Options

Need to bump this up, experiencing the same issue for the same length of time as this post. 5 months and no truly helpful response from Quicken. I would like to know if a solution is being worked on or even if they're attempting to recreate this issue so they see it front and center? Version R52.33, Build 27.1.52.33 and still not resolved

• DFF150*
    DFF150* Member
    Options

Same issue. Neither phone nor chat support was helpful. They kept suggesting things that were not a fix so I decided to come here and now I find that this has been going on for some time.

• pcarrera
    pcarrera Member
    Options

just wanted to chime in I am experiencing the same issue.

• Myhre
    Myhre Member
    Options

I am also experiencing this problem … very frustrating!

Quicken Classic Business & Personal version.

• DKuo
    DKuo Member ✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue and came to this forum and found this thread.

I am on Quicken Classic Premier Version R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16, hope this issue can be fixed soon.

• Tardigrade
    Tardigrade Member ✭✭
    Options

Off the top of my head, this problem impacts:

• Changes to wages, withholding, and exemptions throughout the year = no joy.
    • Changes to 401k contributions throughout the year. This has a significant impact on paycheck amounts.
    • Taxes. For those of you that max out your Social Security contributions, what do you do?

This bug renders much of Quicken's forecasting tools suspect:

• Income and Transfers. Obviously, as this is the problem. Paychecks are inaccurate.
    • Tax Center. So much "User Entered" has to be done here. Also, why must I use Excel and online calculators to calculate taxes? What am I paying for? 😬
    • Projected Balances. This "feature" hasn't worked since day one, but at least it used to be directionally accurate. Now, it's just blatant lies.
    • Budgets. Paycheck-dependent reminders make budgeting a mess when you can't edit paychecks. I account for every dollar, and this bug is terribly frustrating.

How can we get this out of the backlog and be looked at by QA and development? Have they been able to replicate the issue?

This will only worsen with each passing month and paycheck. After the first of the year, the entire forecasting will be wrong and need to be adjusted manually where possible. Budgeting will be a best guess. At what point do we loyal, long-time customers go from active promoters to active detractors, searching for a personal finance tool that does what it says it will do? For me, if nothing's being done, that's January 2024. I cannot go into the new year using Excel and online calculators to plan my financial strategy when I pay Quicken to do that.

• jdcq
    jdcq Member ✭✭
    Options

Still a problem in January 2024 with R53.32.

• ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Options
  • ghclark
    ghclark Member ✭✭
    Options

When my benefit costs, tax withholding, etc. changed with the new year, I found that this old issue remains when I started to update the reminder. Unbelievable, Quicken!

• Tanis Smith
    Tanis Smith Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Just noticed this issue when I went to update upcoming paycheck for the new year. 🙃
    As described, the software essentially converted from paycheck to a deposit and can not be edited as a paycheck now.

Please advise.

• GiantYank
    GiantYank Member ✭✭
    Options

STILL a problem. Quicken support has me holding for over an hour now. Might be time - after 20+ years - to abandon Quicken.